on 8 December 2017
I have a Solemate Mini and a Solemate Max that both have good sound for their size. I would recommend the Solemate mini above this speaker. This speaker lacks bass and sounds tinny compared to similar products of competitors. Unfortunately I understand the Jabra Sound app to control the sound settings has been discontinued. I received the following message from Jabra customer services.

When it was introduced nearly half a decade ago, Jabra Sound was revolutionary in that was one of the first mobile audio experiences that delivered high quality Dolby sound. When used with a pair of Jabra headphones or music speakers you could finally take your Dolby sound experience out of your home and with you wherever you went.
Unfortunately as consumer behavior changes, the shift from offline or purchased music towards streaming only services means the Jabra Sound application no longer provides a consumer experience that matches today’s consumption habits.
We are therefore discontinuing support for the app and have removed it from both the iOS and Android stores. Therefore it will no longer be available for download. Due to recent operating system upgrades you will also find that the application will no longer work with iOS 11 forward.
Future Jabra products now allow for audio customization directly in the headphones themselves, catering for the massive demand in streaming services and the customer demands to use the service they like and not be limited by headphone manufacturer applications. Products like Jabra Elite Sport for example already include this ability.
on 16 January 2017
What a great little device - nice design, very simple to set up and operate. My technophobe partner had it up and running in no time!

The sound quality is impressive too for such a small speaker.

You're not going to use it at your party, but it's perfect for streaming music from a phone or tablet at a reasonable volume and MUCH improved quality over both.

Great package and good value.
on 7 August 2014
The speaker is small enough to fit in your palm (Unless you have very small hands), which makes it very handy. The battery life is quite good too..It comes with an aux cable cleverly hidden/tucked away in a groove underneath the speaker. It can be used with the aux cable or bluetooth - I have used both and have not noticed any difference in sound quality.

Now sound quality - the sound has a heavy bass bias to it. It is quite surprising that a speaker that small is able to produce that much bass and while it may be good for certain types of music and occasions, other occasions demand more of a subtle sound...this speaker seems to do just one style - all out bass.

Turn it on or off and your action is confirmed with a deep reverberating 'boom'..nice sound effect which gets tired after a while..

All in all, I am pleased with my purchase and have given it 4 stars - purely because of the at times overbearing bass sound.
on 21 January 2017
Wouldn't be without this now as I am more into digital downloads for my music rather than CDs. I just Bluetooth to my iPhone and I'm ready to play my music straight off my mobile wherever I am in the house and listen to it through the Solemate.

It also comes on holiday with us in our Motor-home to boost the sound on our TV. We just plug it into the earphone socket on the TV and the sound is amplified, it has a much deeper sound quality than the tinny sound that comes out of the portable TV.
on 30 October 2016
This is the perfect combination of small size and meaty audio. It turns a wimpy phone into a decent music player or internet radio.
The well balanced sound will fill a room and the battery lasts well - certainly longer than I've ever used it for, which has been all day if I'm decorating.

I generally charge it up overnight at fairly sporadic intervals but have yet to run out of charge during the day.

The construction feels so sturdy that I can't imagine it ever getting broken.
on 12 July 2015
Cracking build quality and sound. Would be good at RRP of £79.99 but superb at £36 (now only £34). I did a quick survey and listen to comparable units and nothing in this price bracket gets close. Very easy to connect and off you go. The loud voice commands on the unit can easily be silenced by holding the - volume button as you turn it on (others have complained about these).
It includes a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable in its base plate so you can connect your older iPods etc without bluetooth. It is simple to charge with the supplied USB cable to a computer or wall USB charger.
In summary a remarkable sound for such a small device.
on 1 August 2016
Honestly. I was shocked when this was delivered. It is TINY! I spent £35 ish on it & was gutted really. However I had read the reviews on amazon & read that the sound quality was good (which I obviously wanted!) & the reviews are right. Sound is great.

I would recommend the speaker for taking on holiday, a kids bedroom etc not ideal for you living room station basically due to the size.
on 4 November 2016
Firstly you turn on your speaker to be greeted by a very American voice which despite having read the manual I still don't know if it can be turned off. I don't think so.

Sound wise the speaker is decent for its size and price. It goes pretty loud considering how small it is, you're not going to entertain a full party of course but it is perfect for some music with a few friends round a fire or even at a higher volume getting ready to go out.

I have encountered better mini speakers but they always come at a higher cost 4x the price and are not necissarily 4x better sound quality so I would recommend this speaker for a cheaper mini speaker for sure.
on 2 March 2017
Great little speaker for the money. I paid sub £30 and the sound is very nice and can fill the room quite nicely. Didnt find it tinny in the slightest and easy enough to connect to my phone and echo dot. Rubber sole keeps it from dancing around at high volume which is a nice touch. Not exactly Bose quality but excellent for the price. A lot of punch for its size as well which was surprising. I would highly recommend this wee speaker.
review image
on 28 November 2015
The speaker came on its estimated date and packaging was fine. Turned it on once I got it and it played fine. after a while of playing it said 'low battery', so I plugged it in to charge without the music playing and after about and hour it still said low battery. I turned it off to see if it charges while its turned off. I turned it on three hours later and it still said battery was low. I left it on charge and continued not to use it. It had run out of battery overnight and now it won't turn back on again. What can I do to fix it? is it faulty?