on 23 July 2013
The title of my review says it all - Vinnie is someone who's got nothing to gain by plugging products or leading you to "personally recommended" nutrition brands or other resources. What he does offer is advice and experience that has been gained the hard way - through endless hours of exercising (if you're heavily into exercising) and nutrition research (if you're reading his book for maintaining or improving your health). You'll find a paradigm shift in terms of nutrition, but you won't find any magic bullets for getting you super fit overnight - fitness, as he says, doesn't come in "5 minutes a day" - BUT, he puts it all into perspective and shows you that with perseverance anyone can raise their fitness to pretty much any level they want. A very refreshing book from someone who says it how it is. And, it is absolutely hilarious in places - without giving too much away read what he has to say about the trend of people getting colon cleanses - it had me laughing out loud.....
on 17 September 2013
If you listen to Vinnie's podcast, then you will know his No Sugar No Grains approach (which I follow also), his personality shines though his words, if only all similar books were as honest!

I just found the book, whilst informative, a bit lacking in depth or 'dirt' if I was honest, especially for anyone with already a basic level of knowledge. The print quality on my edition was poor leaving the photos resembling black and white grainy images from my old school books. That said, I believe Vinnie self published so it's a great effort overall and I for one wish him luck.
on 11 December 2013
Great readable material! Having read quite a few fitness and paleo books a lot of the things, such as ditch the grains and sugar, weren't a surprise but always great to have a new source of material to cement ideas. Well written and very easy to read you can really tell his enthusiasm.
on 8 February 2017
This is the book you need to read if you want to turn your life back around. Vinnie Tortorich has no dog in this fight other than to help people et better and learn how to make wise choices that will make their lives and well being better.
I read this book over Christmas holidays and went NSNG after New Years. It was a tad rough the first week but has been on a steady improvement every week since. There is little or nothing I miss because I know I am doing myself so good and I do get to enjoy plenty of delicious foods.
If you do get this book, I recommend you follow Vinnie on twitter and subscribe to his podcasts. They are like a free, personal support staff.
Cannot recommend this enough. Run, don't walk, to get this book. And READ it!
on 1 December 2013
Why oh why didn't I know about this 20 years ago....Ive wasted so much time listening to the drivel put out by our so called "health experts"

I've done the same "diets" that most people have...

I've tried to learn about the body so as to understand what to put in it...

I have now been following this NSNG way of eating (NOT A DIET) - BINGO...1.5 stone down in 6 weeks!

I now eat all the TASTY food cooked how it should be in Good fats and oils...

HEALTH EXPERTS AND GOVERNMENTS - HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME

READ THIS BOOK-READ THIS BOOK- READ THIS BOOK!!

Thank you Vinnie....
on 23 September 2016
I discovered Vinnie while listening to Pat Flynn's SPI podcast (SPI 109). When I bought this book I thought it would get into the nitty gritty of what we should and shouldn't be eating, but it's more of an autobiography of his life, with the importance of maintaining good health and nutrition threaded throughout it. Essentially he suggests you avoid sugar and grains. I like his no-fuss approach. He writes with a good amount of humour thrown in. His story of how he fought leukaemia is inspirational and I would recommend that anyone toying with buying the book, goes ahead and gets it.
on 2 January 2014
It's been a while from I read an entire book. Time is tight for me and content and quality counts, so if it doesn't grab me fast, it's ditched. I really enjoyed this one. I'm interested in fitness and diet, so ticks those boxes. Vinnie is honest and the content isn't 'padded' up with useless content. It gives a good insight to what he believes and the people and events that have shaped him. It encourages the reader to start exercising and eating better, and those who already exercise, to push further. This book causes you to think. That's a good thing.
on 3 May 2015
Awesome awesome awesome. If you take this lifestyle change it will not just change your life but also probably save your life. It makes fat people thin and makes thin people fit and healthy. Not only will it do all this but it is also a great story about a guy facing adversity, I can not recommend this book highly enough. I have the audio too which is narrated by the author with lots of extra content. Awesome! Well done Vinnie and Dean. I really think this book will change people's lives for the better, for ever. Completely commendable.
on 4 August 2016
This is a fantastic book. It really is. Vinnie is just so real. No drama, no hyperbole, just a regular dude who works his ass off, wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it like it is; all wrapped up in nice sandwich (a breadless sandwich!) of his personal life experiences. I genuinely felt moved and motivated when he described his battle to complete the 508. It actually made me want to fight through my own demons and conquer a challenge. This book really is a triumph of the human spirit over adversity.
on 19 June 2016
Loving me some Vinnie! Found the Vinnie podcast by accident about 6 months ago. Been NSNG for about 3 months. Lost 11 kgs (about 24 lbs) so far with ease. Not just that, feeling great. Thought I should read the book. Really enjoyed it, although need to supplement it with the podcast in order to get more detailed info about the regime. Vinnie is quite inspirational. Reading 'Wheat Belly' now which explains a lot about why NSNG works so well. I don't think I will ever eat wheat again.