on 3 June 2015
great series
on 11 September 2017
Brilliant !
on 29 July 2008
if you like programmes enshrouded in supernatural mystery such as lost, the 4400 and heroes. this is for you. while it has not been that big in britain (only showing on trouble, or bbc 2 late at night) it should be!

its directed mainly at teenagers but has enough twists and suspense to engage adults as well. the show follows a teenage boy who woke up in the woods with no memory of his life previously, he couldnt speak and had no understanding of human customs. He is taken in by a family as the mum is his psychologist, but as time goes by they realise he is not normal... The show is narrated by Kyles thoughts as he understands the world and people around him as if they are a foreign species.

This programme leaves shows like lost and heroes behind! buy it and see!
on 2 September 2008
I visited a friend in California over a year ago, and she got me hooked on the first series. I finally got hold of it on DVD recently, and I never get bored of watching it. I'm in my late teens, and I even got my retired father hooked. So it's for all ages, if you like fascinating, feel good tv, then this is for you! I love it.
VINE VOICEon 4 December 2008
If you are a fan of the sci-fi/fantasy genre then you should like this. It has intrigue (is Kyle an alien or isn't he?), humour, and style.

We follow Kyle's story from the moment he wakes up alone and naked in the forest. When he ventures into town he is placed into a young offenders institute and then subsequently placed into the care of a therapist and her family. Kyle is like a sponge for knowledge and is shown to learn at an incredible rate and to also retain that knowledge. He is also gifted with amazing physical abilities... all of this leads Josh (his surrogate brother) to draw the conclusion that Kyle is an alien. The main thrust of series one is devoted to finding out the truth of the matter...
Kyle XY was an innovative piece of science fiction whose pilot episode stretched the imagination to the limit, but the storyline portrayed what can happen when we seek and find true humanity, love and purity. The character ensemble was great and even the farfetched theory of Kyle being made /cloned and produced in an incubator by the scientist Adam Baylin, could easily be overlooked in the face of the development of this innocent boy child who once surrounded by love, care and family warmth began to unfold and develop his abilities, as opposed to the female equivalent Jessie XX (we meet her in season 2) who, starved of love and family warmth developed murderous and violent tendencies. Thus posing deep questions- are we a product of our genes or are we influenced by our response to our environmental stimulus. I really enjoyed this series. Sadly it was cancelled at the end of season three when it was getting very interesting. This is another movie that deals with having superpowers and unleashing and developing your inner abilities. This DVD comes with special features notably alternate pilot episode, extended season finale, "Kyle Declassified" featurette, Commentary tracks on "Pilot" and "Diving In". I recommend it for the depiction of valuable life lessons on being simple and chaste, family warmth and quest for self discovery - striving for true humanity.
on 10 August 2008
We watched this series from day 1 and were so pleased we did! My 9 year old, my husband and I sat there and mused over all the storylines each week, it was great.

I searched high and low to buy a region 2 version of the series, finally resorting to contacting Amazon customer services who subsequently, within a matter of weeks, managed to get it in stock - Thanks Amazon, we have watched it again and still like it - we are just waiting now for region 2 series 2.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
on 19 November 2008
I bought Season One from American amazon.com a year and a half ago & love it! it's a really great story and really grips you into the mystery of who Kyle is. Another thing I love about the show is the music. If the soundtrack ever gets released here (or can buy it from Amazon.com like I did)it's definately worth it! It's of the individual songs and not the score. There are some great bands/Songs on it!
on 3 June 2009
Kyle XY - Complete Series 1 [DVD] [2006]

Amazing - he's hot. All the girls in this house love this series. He's very innocent, funny and sexy.
on 20 July 2010
I had seen various episodes and parts of episodes of this series on television and really enjoyed watching it. Having bought Series 1 on DVD and being able to watch each episode in its entirity has only confirmed my enjoyment of this programme. It is well acted with a good story line. I look forward to being able to get the next series.