on 5 March 2017
I noticed a review claiming some meat comes from China which deeply worried me, but Thrive has told me they get chicken meat from Thailand or Brazil (but hardly ever UK). I looked on Thrive's website under Our Values/Animal Welfare Responsibility. They claim their products are being sourced from suppliers who are operating within the parameters of internationally recognised animal welfare organisations such as Red Tractor.

I checked with Red Tractor who said that some companies in Thailand (and some in Europe) use Red Tractor Standards as a basis for their production - but the meat produced on these farms CANNOT be sold as Red Tractor. If the meat is produced outside the UK it does not qualify and not checked by Red Tractor. Red Tractor also made it plain that they do not cover pet food - only food for human consumption. THRIVE should not be making this claim to con the customer trying to buy ethically sourced food. If I am being misled by marketing I would not trust anything to do with the product - especially feeding it to my dog.

Red Tractor says that "if the Red Tractor symbol is on packaging it is the consumers' assurance that the product has been produced entirely in the UK - from farm to store - and that each of the steps in the process of production have been independently assessed". If the packaging bears the logo or there is a claim/implication, such as under Thrive's "Values" heading, that the product is in compliance with Red Tractor standards, the company must also be licensed to ensure full traceability back to the farm. As the meat is produced outside the UK, and is pet food, it cannot qualify on either basis.

Slipping in references to Red Tractor and Friends of the Sea, without their actual endorsement gives apparent reassurance to a purchaser which is misleading.
VINE VOICEon 13 May 2015
The Thrive Kind and Gentle 100% Chicken Liver treats are a totally natural treat marketed as being suitable for puppies and small dogs. While both of my medium sized dogs love the treats, most of the pieces in the four tubes I received were little more than large crumbs and the rest of the content was dust which made them unsuitable for doing anything other than sprinkling them into their food bowls. As I wanted 100% natural small bitesize treats for training or reward purposes the condition of the contents meant they were not fit for purpose and very expensive for just dust and large crumbs. Disappointed with this product in the Thrive range so will revert to their 100% airdried chicken pieces instead.
on 17 June 2016
My 10 dogs like these .Very good for the older dog with no teeth. But for the price you may as well buy diced cooked chicken or cook it yourself. Not very good value for money at all sadly.Well packaged and good delivery time. But best used as a treat or training for young puppies or elderly dogs due to price.Adult healthy tiny dogs just swallow them whole!One tube would only last for one training session per dog in my personal view. 3 stars because the dogs do really love them.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 August 2016
Soft baked little training treats made from chicken liver, which can be broken up further into two or three smaller pieces to make them go further. In a handy little cardboard tube that fits easily into a pocket, the pup loves these (so does the big dog!) and they are well tolerated too. As a bonus the empty tubes make great chew toys !!
Very pleased with these and will happily order more
on 29 December 2016
My puppy goes crazy for these. Best treats I've found on the market!! The vet told me they are also low in calories which is great as I'm giving my puppy a lot of them during training.

They don't smell (which is a big bonus!) and they don't stain your pockets. Easy to break up into smaller size pieces too. The pieces are roughly fingertip size.
on 23 June 2017
These are brilliant. The size of the pieces are perfect for a little treat and they are super healthy. I'm TRYING to housetrain my puppy and I can leave a box of these at the back door to grab, as I take him outside, for a reward. Both puppy and older dog love them. When I initially read a review about finding all the pieces in dust I was a bit dubious however, all four boxes were in perfect condition. I will be buying more.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 August 2016
Really small boxes which threw me as the Chicken flavours come in much larger boxes. However, both my dogs, a puppy of 14 weeks and a 3 year old really liked these as a treat so I will be ordering more.
on 28 April 2015
Our 8 week old cocker spaniel puppy loves these. We use them as a 'high praise' reward for things like going to the toilet outside and going in her crate. Additionally, we stuff a tiny bit in her stuffable toys followed by kibble which helps keep her entertained for a while. We have bought several of these mini tubes now, buying them as a pack for 4 is the cheapest way and worth it if you want to achieve something with reasonable speed. They are literally 100% liver pieces so quite rich but the puppy size ones are perfect for giving as a reward. There is a lot of liver dust at the end of the tube, and although it's annoying, I don't think that there is anything that can be done about that due to transit etc. I guess if you want to jazz up your dog's dinner you can season it with liver dust!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 November 2013
I like these treats as they are chemical free, contain nothing other than freeze dried chicken liver, are gentle on my dog's digestive system and are very effective training treats. My Labrador loves them and have really helped to improve his ability to "leave it" instead of being a walking waste disposal unit!
My only complaint is that the tubes arrived half full (had not had this problem before they were re-branded) and I was quite annoyed. This is why I have not given them 5 stars.
on 4 May 2017
My puppy loved these but towards the last third of tube all you are left with is dust which makes it fairly poor value for money. Reading one of the other reviews I will sprinkle the dust on her food but it defeats the object of a treat for her. Despite the fact that she loved them I won't be buying them again.