Customer reviews

Hatched (Invisible Spiders Book 1)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.32

on 29 September 2013
I enjoyed Inside the Mirrors by Jason Davis, so I was looking forward to another novel by the author, but this story seemed to lack some of the intensity that I've come to expect from Davis. He still maintains his classic style of horror (mystery & suspense, etc.), which works really well with supernatural spiders, but I thought he spent too much time describing the sensations of the spiders invading the unsuspecting victims. After so many people become infected, it became a bit redundant. I also felt a disconnect with the characters - I didn't care who lived or died, at all. Despite my criticisms, I did find the story very entertaining & thoroughly creepy.

Having one's body invaded/infected by invisible spiders would be bad enough, but Davis steps up the fear factor by using the spiders to cause an undead outbreak. However, the "zombie" element played a small role in the storyline, and the real scene stealer was the SPIDER POV!! I was bit surprised that Davis would include the POV of these tiny creatures, but he managed to pull it off without being too over-the-top.

This is the first novel in a new series by Davis, and I'm looking forward to learning more about the spiders' origin, as well as learning more about their "creator."
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 October 2013
This started so well..a genuine horror story in the vein of the early Shaun Hutson/James Herbert books I first read...really original frightening(especially to old arachnophobe,me) concept..I was thoroughly grossed out,gripped by the story and characters..loving the spread of infection,really wanting to see where this goes..then the tale seemed to lose its way,meandering a bit in the section with Billy at work..kept wondering had I missed something? The whole tone had changed but it was a good start so keep reading..then at about 46% into the book I hit the editing errors,as in the advice to correct bits is all still there with the bits uncorrected..quote"Yet,she couldn't bring herself to stop herself(take out herself)" and "attach to paragraph".As I turned to the next page it was unreadable with bits crossed out and notes littered through it,I'm sorry to say but I gave up reading at this point..Don't know what prompted you to release an ebook in this unfinished state but take the time to finish and print it properly and the story could be really good!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse