Customer reviews

Now What?! Gold Edition
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 November 2015
Like earlier reviews, I'm very glad I didn't buy the album when it first came out as I would have been most annoyed when the much superior Gold Edition came out. It seems to be the norm these days that record companies milk the fans for all they they can. As for the album, it's great to hear Deep Purple back on form again!! Well worth getting, great that the lads are still able to make music as good as this!! The live album is a great bonus, well worth it!!
on 9 August 2016
this album is 100% deep purple on form.what a great album.the live album is also brilliant.the packaging is also top notch.gatefold card sleeve in gold.i have been fan since black night came out in 1970.this album takes me back to those days.five stars allday.
on 16 June 2017
The lads are like fine wine, just get better with age, after a couple of recent albums, this is an absolute must for purple fans. Please go for the gold edition as the live tracks on disc 2 are well worth the extra couple of quid.
on 29 April 2017
great
on 2 November 2017
Very good
on 29 September 2014
The second DP album I have bought. The first was Machine Head on cassette MANY moons ago. What is it about the band that passed me by? Maybe too much keyboard and rather pedestrian-paced riffs. How ignorant!!

This is quality adult rock music. Even the fruity keyboard parps and swirls that kick in when the first track starts rocking sound refreshing.

Lots of catchy tunes and the live cd is really good. Great sound, great playing, great singing (Gillan still wailing!). Hard Loving Man is superb - can't believe I had not come across this track before now.

What's Next ?...
on 8 January 2016
my brother in law was pleased with his present
on 3 December 2013
I was going to buy this on release but forgot about it. After this popping through the door I'm glad I did forget.

The original album was worth the wait. This SE version comes in a metallic gold gatefold digi-pac embossed sleeve with two discs, each in inner printed sleeves and two thick booklets. You all know the material on both discs but I'd have been gutted if I had bought the original and now seen this.

I've been stung with other bands doing this, now, I'm prepared to wait.
VINE VOICEon 17 February 2014
Quite frankly - the length of time between albums notwithstanding - this is the best DP album on AGES. Right up there on a par with the best of Mk 2, and any other combination of the Purple line-ups.

Intelligent, loud, bluesy, quality stuff. Good song writing and fabulous playing. Gillan's voice is sounding rather good, even at his age.

The slow start to the album took me by surprise, but the building quality of the song is wonderful, and quite frankly I couldn't wee them starting with anything else, having listened to the album 2 or 3 times now.

The bonus Live disc adds very well to the large live body of work available to the Purple fan. Recorded all over the place, it is well recorded and engineered, crisp and clear and is the sound of a band on it's top form. A good collection of songs (although personally I do wish they'd do more post '84 stuff).

A brilliant album, by a brilliant band, who - I think - we may not have around much longer. If this is one of the last albums by Deep Purple, then it's a cracker!
on 27 August 2016
It's been a few decades since we had a great new Purple album and here it is! Great set of songs and for possibly the first time, Ritchie Blackmore has not been missed. This is Purple's best album since Perfect Strangers. Get the gold edition as it comes with a superb live album!