Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 30 June 2016
While Hugh isn't at the front of this album, leaving a few songs to others to sing, there is no doubt that the wonderful "Dr House" aka Hugh, is one very modest and talented man, and I for one will be buying anything else that this dreamy guy decides to play and sing.Loved him in all his tv series, ADORE him as HOUSE and now he has completely stole my heart, with his deep sexy vocals..sigh....
on 15 April 2015
One of my favourite music collections. I loved KISS OF FIRE. The quality is excellent. Jazz at its best with all instruments and voice clear and separate in a wonderful mix. 'House' is amazing - his talents outstanding in whatever he seems to do. Expecting another 'actor' trying his hand at something new... well that may be but it was a wonderful surprise because he is so skilful and soulful at the same time. I don't always like recorded jazz, its more a live thing for me... but with this, I was transfixed and transcendent when listening on a good hi-fi system.
(Look out for recordings elsewhere of Hugh Laurie in various jazz setting with other stars.)
on 20 June 2013
First, the packaging. The 'deluxe' version is so sumptuous that you could place it in a display cabinet and marvel at it all day. The liner notes and photos are beautiful, and more than justify the extra pounds added to the price.

Second, the music. Is the blues supposed to make you dance around your kitchen? Because that's what Mr Laurie's joyous music made me do (and I don't care if the neighbours saw me). Perfect musicianship, sparse production (you could hear a pin drop) and the bliss that comes with listening to a man and band loving every note they play.

Buy, buy and buy again.
on 6 June 2013
The Blues, as anyone who has an interest in the genre knows, is a singing story of life as experienced by most of the singers.
Obviously blues singers today, who have not had the experiences of Blues singers of yore call upon their own life experiences.
Hugh Laurie`s first album Let Them Talk did in fact have that impact. Buyers did talk and wondered how long
before a second album was produced.
Well now we all know!.
Didn`t it Rain is a really good follow up to album number one.
Some of the numbers are not included in many of albums issued by many ot "todays" blues men.
Laurie`s plaintiff voice at first seems to be out of place with the past blues mens songs. However on further listening it finally hits one that the tunes he chooses are right for the voice.
Laurie turns in a good peformance for a Blues Man.
I enjoyed in particular "send me to the `Lectric Chair and The weird Smoker`s dream." not songs I have , as far as I have been able to track down ,on any of my other Blues albums . My collection not being large but consists of abour 200 from Luther Allison to Muddy Waters.or my vinyl collection.
For me Hugh Laurie has done it again. I thought the first album deserved 4 stars and so does this album.
i am no expert on the Blues genre but Laurie seems to catch the joy, Sadess and depression as well as any of the other bluesmen
and to my mind was worth the buy.
If you are not a bluesman then listen to some of the tracks. I feel sure that you will be attracted to some of the numbers on this album. I bought it and glad I did so.
I hope the wait is not so long for a third album
on 2 June 2013
I had high expectations of "Didn't It Rain", as Laurie's first album "Let Them Talk" had been so amazingly good! And Laurie didn't disappoint me. The album is just great! Unfortunately, I cannot describe every song in minute detail, supported by the correct technical terms, as I just lack that kind of knowledge. All I can say about the music is: I loved it and, at least in my opinion, everyone who liked "Let Them Talk" will love it too.

The special edition is certainly worth bying!!! That is partly due to the fact, that the special edition contains five additional songs (that I especially enjoyed) and partly due to the little book. This book does not only function as a CD case, but provides pictures of the recording-sessions, information on the songs' origins/authors and also the impressions that Laurie and Henry had, when making this amazing album.

The album (the special edition in particular) is definitely worth the money spent!!!
on 5 October 2013
I always knew Hughe Laurie was a talented musician having heard him play the piano in a number of TV programs (and of course, after finding out that it actually was him playing!) When his first album came out I picked it up out of curiosity and was blown away by some great interpretations of blues classics!

Didn't it rain was therefore always going to be added to the basket when it came out.

At first I wasn't quite sure of it - I thought it was good, but not as good as the first album. After a few more listens, I realised it was that rare beast (at least these days, sadly): a grower. The more I listened to it the better I realised it got. Hugh's laid back piano work and lazy vocals on this one make for a real treat, and the album has now graduated to a permanent spot in the car.
on 4 January 2014
Great songs and tunes - the New Orleans style he has so well fit into. Hugh Laurie is one of the few that has made a really successful cross over into his other passion for music, and it shows he is enjoying every minute of it. Just don't listen to the words too closely if you are easily offended or around children that are likely to tune into the actual word of odd songs on the album....first time I played it I didn't really notice, but the second time I was bit chocked and am not likely to play it around my 12 and 15 year old, no matter what they may hear at school !!! I don't own his first album, but am curious after reading good reviews about it and may get in the coming months.
on 9 May 2013
After seeing the Hugh Laurie TV leader and having enjoyed Let Them Talk I was not disappointed in his latest release. This is great series of tracks to listen to in quiet moments. What an accomplished musician he is and he has gathered together a group of top talents to work with. Thoroughly recommended
on 21 July 2013
Brilliant second CD from Hugh Laurie songs are quite varied most enjoyable listening. He is not only a great actor, but now a great musician / singer. Looking forward to the next CD hope it’s not too long in the making.
on 1 December 2015
Like 'Let Them Talk' the compilation of tracks is Laurie's way of celebrating the music he loves and sharing that with the listener. It's also slightly different album to the previous one. Here Laurie has branched out to include other styles that would fall under the generic 'jazz' label. He also takes a back seat from being the lead singer for a number of songs, giving the reins to Jean McClain, Taj Mahal & Gaby Moreno on several occasions. This gives the album a more wide ranging blend of music that makes it very enjoyable to listen to.

Unlike on 'Let Them Talk' this time around Hugh seems to be more confident in his singing. Gone is the American affectation replaced with a more natural sound to his voice. This makes it well worth five stars and is a very pleasing album to listen to.