on 8 October 2013
The ladies of this house like to feed the birds - I like to grow trees and wild flowers to feed them. But I also like making bread. To be able to buy something that satisfies everyone at a competitive price is amazing and so these look like being a real winner. They are beautifully packed in a 'self-pouring' polythene lined paper sack which came in a heavy duty polythene outer which was brilliantly easy to undo (just pull the strings) and delivered within 24 hours of ordering.

The product itself is beautifully clean, dust free and well presented and the kernels taste as good as they look.

Highly recommended product from a high quality supplier.

EDIT : 11th August 2016

Told I shouldn't make bread with these - but I do and am still alive!

Recently we have had hedgehogs coming past our bird tables to eat up fallen seed, They simply love this and now we put out a special ration for them at dusk. At least five hedgehogs come past out door - regular as clockwork. Sometimes two or three together but coming from different directions. Getting tame and great spectator 'sport' for visitors who very rarely see these wonderful creatures up close. Between 9 and 11 p.m. in August seems to the time they come by.
15 people found this helpful
|77 Comments|Report abuse
on 23 April 2015
The delivery was prompt and a day early as stated by others the packaging and delivery bearing in mind this is FREE is first rate.
Delivered to my door by a very polite courier and carried into my kitchen due to weight without asking .
The feeders i have was filled last night with this product and my ground feeder also had a sample placed on it . This morning i have watched the birds take to the feeders and eat there fill all the usual suspects have shown up Blue, Coal and Great Tit's with Goldfinches , Greenfinches and Chaffinches joining in .
The concern i had was with a change of brand this may upset them this i am glad to say looks like it has not happened .
The savings in price by bulk buying for me is around 40% with this product it is of great quality no dust or husks the birds have taken to it so no complaints.
Would i recommended this product yes am i happy with the price yes and would i order again for the cash savings with the quality definitely yes .
A top product at a very good price.
7 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 May 2014
Not only are the sunflower seeds cheaper than the ones I used to get elsewhere, the birds love them. At the moment I have to refill the feeders at least once a day, as the birds are now bringing their fledglings to feed. We get goldfinches, greenfinches, bullfinches, robins, dunnocks, nuthatches and lots of blue tits and great tits. Any that fall to the floor are quickly cleaned up by the wood pigeons and sparrows and squirrel. We live close to woodland hence the variety of birds.
9 people found this helpful
HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 2 May 2015
Bought these to help out my garden birds - sunflower hearts seem to be universally attractive, and this product was a good price, compared to some. I have to confess that the birds do share their seeds with me - I often throw a handful or two into my dough mix when I'm making bread, or scatter some across the tops of rolls, and lovely they are too.
5 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2015
The wood pigeons, the goldfinches, the chaffinches, the bull finches, the robins, the blue tits, the long tailed tits,the greenfinches, the great tits, the nuthatches, the collared doves etc etc all love these things. Just bought my second sack as the first is nearly gone.
7 people found this helpful
on 6 November 2016
Great quality, very clean. and well packaged. I actually use them in my homemade bread - sorry birds - despite them being marketed as animal feed. The birds got a little treat too though, as was able to fill up my bird-feeder with the wild bird seed free-sample Croston Cornmill included. Thank you!
2 people found this helpful
on 10 July 2016
The wild birds seem to be very happy dining at our outdoor restaurant, they enjoy their sunflower hearts at this time of the year more than the other food, we even have magpies standing on the raised garden sleepers and stretching up to take them, they can strip the feeder clean in less than an hour while the small birds use the other feeders for their food. Very good purchase and a very quick delivery service. Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 18 May 2017
Delivered a day earlier than suggested. Appreciate that! I have 3 seed feeders and the Goldfinches love these Sunflower Hearts! If you want to see some very colourful Goldfinches then I fully recommend these sunflower hearts. I had never had Goldfinches visit my garden, prior to putting these seeds in my feeders. Cheapest way to buy is in bulk!
One person found this helpful
on 12 January 2016
Small birds are loving this. I have two feeders - one with cheaper mixed bird seed, one with these sunflower hearts. From the mixed seed there is a fair amount of wastage (seeds spat out on the tray or ground below the feeder), but absolutely none with these. Better still, the sunflower hearts seems to attract almost exclusively small birds. I've always had Coal Tits and an occasional Robin. Since putting out the sunflower hearts I quickly acquired at least 4 pairs of Chaffinches, and 3 or 4 Blue Tits and Great Tits. And most recently at least one Goldfinch (fairly sure there's 2 or 3), which I've never actually seen in the flesh before and are beautiful birds. So I have occasions when I can see in the garden simultaneously 8 Chaffinches, 4-6 Coal Tits, a Blue Tit and 2 Great Tits. Plus 2 Robins, some Sparrows, and a couple of Blackbirds on the ground underneath. Starlings will come occasionally but they aren't as fixated by the sunflower hearts so rarely bother with that feeder. Oh, and I have a squirrel who likes them too occasionally. Every day there is almost constantly some birds feeding on this, and as above there will often be 6 to 20 birds around at one time. Despite this, the seed is lasting better than I expected. I assume because they provide a lot of energy for the size of the seeds, and for small birds. They are getting through it a bit quicker as the weather gets worse, but that's what it's there for.

All in all a resounding success. Attracting lots of the right sort of birds for me. Will definitely reorder when this bag runs low.
on 28 October 2017
These really are exceptional quality sunflower seeds and the birds can’t get enough of them! They are equally high quality to much more expensive brands, so I can ensure the birds have as many as they want without breaking the bank! Have definitely bought these from Croston Corn Mill before and absolutely will again!