on 23 August 2014
This thing is awesome, super fast. its the fastest pc ive ever had and good enough for gaming at least the games ive played. Laptops are usually useless for this but this one handles serious graphics and smoothly. Looks really stylish also looks more like a mac book than a PC. touchpad is big and very good in general, the buttons are underneath though and are awkward to use practically . 2 x 3.0 usbs, cheapest i7 laptop ive ever seen which decent spec.

on the other hand

It is a touchscreen but do you really need it on a laptop, touchscreen is more of a tablet thing but it is there if you need it. Battery life is awful, need mains most of the time. keyboard is a bit flexy and feels a bit flimsy, this doesnt bother me though its types fine, not as bad as reviews make out. It feels a bit bulky and heavy for a ultrabook. 14 inch screen is nice size and larger than what im used to, but I quite like the extra space to be honest, the downside is it not the best resolution screen and the colours are a bit too contrasty even with adjustment, and brightness is also not that great.

watched some bad reviews on youtube and some guy slated it saying it was cheap and nasty, I will say it is not without it faults but in geneal I love it. Power and style on the cheap
on 13 May 2014
WIFI issues most definitely still present on my laptop manufactured Nov 2013.
Atheros WIFI card fitted as standard and no drivers present on the Lenovo Site.
20 Meg throughput on Motorola Zoom2 tablet at 10m distance
5 Meg throughput on Lenovo U410 at 10m.
Swapping the WIFI antenna leads over on the WIFI card made no difference.
Suspect a hardware issue and the best threads on the internet point to an issue with the WIFI Antenna built into the laptop lid.
Only recommended if your are prepared to use a WIFI dongle.
Would be more helpful if people who said no WIFI issue present could quote speeds obtained over what distance and what WIFI adapter is fitted in their laptop.
I think the number of these customer returns Amazon has to sell again speaks for itself.
Aside from the WIFI it's a good piece of kit, ignore comments about key board flex as you have to be quite heavy handed to detect it.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2014
A good enough laptop but let down by the lack of wifi strength. Don't want to spend money buying a relatively high end laptop to find I'm limited by internet speeds and can't even stream YouTube! My phone would clock 20mbps, the laptop between 1 and 2mbps.
Updating the driver from their site and ensuring strength config is high helped slightly but still have recurring wifi strength problems. Seems to be weak/incompatible hardware issue? Lenovo should look into.
on 14 August 2015
Warning. Don't buy Lenovo touch screens or even laptops. As someone else says, the hinges on the U410 touch screen top become defective and break away from the top, pushing the screen out; its a mechanical design fault. This progressively gets worse. Mine went at 13 months, laptop never dropped and little used. Its a common fault, see Lenovo forum sites: Lenovo don't do anything about it. Need to replace the whole back panel and screen at cost of £210 parts, plus labour, I'm being quoted £300.
One person found this helpful
on 18 January 2014
I bought this laptop as my mate is an IT director and told me Lenovo quality is really high. I think the build. Is great and the product looks and feels like a Mac. However, as everyone has mentioned the wifi signal outside of direct contact with the router is shocking beyond belief. Works fine on LAN cable and next to the router.

The other thing that let's this down to some extent is Windows 8, I upgraded to 8.1 but not much better. After being an iPad and Kindle user the interface for Windows is not as good, which is a shame as I detest Apple's infiltration of all aspects of our lives.
on 20 October 2015
I bought this laptop 19 months ago. It never dropped down and I didn't misuse it. One day the hinge broke. Now it is impossible to open the cover. I contacted lenovo, but though I have warranty for 24 months, they said that this damage is not included. I searched in lenovo's forum and there are thousands of people with the same problem. Obviously this is a manufacturing fault, but nobody cares!
Check the official forum.

This laptop had also other issues with wifi etc, but I could stand it. This is outrageous for a laptop like that!!
on 13 June 2014
This is a good quality product. I have had this for about two months now and can find no faults. It does what I need it to! My main use is for documents and spreadsheets plus the internet. The wifi does drop occasionally but I think this is down more to the talktalk router rather than the laptop. It does take a while getting used to a touch screen, but this I have found useful. Its rather like a larger version of a tablet.
Would recommend this to people.
on 23 January 2014
Really nice bit of kit for 450pounds. I've read the numerous reviews from those who felt that their orders had insurmountable Wi-Fi issues and had returned them, but didn't personally experience any difference in performance compared with other mobile devices, couple of slightly weaker reception areas but really had to look hard to find them. Have an Edimax EW=7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adaptor (which costs under a tenner and auto loads on this laptop running Windows 8) and pushes the Wi-Fi straight back up to full in these spots and would use that if I ever needed to rather than send such a good value laptop back. Agree with all the comments about everything else, lovely looking, great to work with, and a lot of spec for the price
on 5 May 2014
It's taken me a long time to buy a replacement laptop. this one had good reviews and was very well priced. So far I'm very pleased with it. It fires up quickly and links to the internet quickly too. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 immediately and it works well. The battery life appears excellent. It seems a little heavier than I was expecting, but that's all.
on 17 July 2014
Had some issues to begin with, but that would mainly be the Wi-Fi. I solved it in the first hour by reinstalling the drivers and replacing the antivirus software (Had McaFee preinstalled, now I have Avira. Deleted Mcafee), worked perfectly from then on. (Not sure which of these was the actual solution.)
The other problem I had was when I updated to Windows 8.1, the sound didn't work. Solved it quite quickly by reinstalling the audio driver.

I love the laptop. When I bought it I didn't think that I would use the touchscreen that often, but I use it all the time. It is really fast and I have no issues with it. Bought it 4 months ago.