on 29 September 2015
An interesting read,quite a short book but I knew that when I ordered it and if it had been too much longer I think it might of got a bit repetitive. Top marks to anyone who can take on this type of challange, I won't be but gave me a good insite into the pain and determination that is needed to finish this race . I enjoyed and would recommend this book.
on 27 December 2016
It is an honest account of running such a gruelling race. At times you feel you are actually with Graeme! I really enjoyed reading it, even if it may be too much for me to run the race!
on 28 September 2013
A very good read for prospective MDS runners and a must read for all entrants. A great retelling of an 'ordinary' runners adventure in the Sahara; insightful, introspective and honest.

The book was brought into sharper focus for me having had the privilege of listening to the late Clive Gott speak and knowing Richard 'Legend' Lendon, through ultra marathon races.

The details given on kit gives me confidence that light can indeed be adequate.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 May 2014
This was an interesting and informative account of one guys preparation, participation and reflection on the marathon des sables. Am hoping to participate next year and found this to be very helpful and inspiring.
on 17 September 2013
I am the one they call Disco Stuart Rae in the book. It brings back great memories and the friendships forged. From a practical point of view it gives a really succinct and concise insight into the MdS which i can't think of anywhere else unless you want a long long read. Some great tips and hints all n one place that i think will make your adventure just that little bit easier should you choose to do the MdS.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2017
Apparently I now need to write more. I really don't want to as the title sums it all up! Finished
on 6 December 2016
Easy to read with some great insight into the race. Enjoyed. Light hearted and humorous at times. Worth a read if you are doing MDS.
on 30 March 2016
Good book, interesting. I'm not an ultra runner but am always interested in peoples stories
on 14 August 2016
A humorous read. Short and to the point. An enjoyable account of MDS. Would recommend this book for the busy ultra runner.
on 28 November 2013
Really enjoyed this book, my only complaint was it was too short! There was a great balance of detail and a flowing journey. Good for runners and non runners alike, I a am thinking of doing the mds and this was a great and honest resource.
3 people found this helpful