on 19 September 2013
A wonderful read, not the sort of book I usually read, but thoroughly enjoyed it. With the very evocative descriptions, I almost felt as though I was there. Would definitely recommend that you get this book in your kindle.
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 2 October 2013
Cecile has made a success of her life and bringing up her young daughter, Donatella. For the last time she is attending the lemon festival in the hope of meeting the man who is Donatella's father. The story behind Cecile's sadness is told in flash backs.

I enjoyed this short story but felt the ending let it down a little in some ways. It just didn't seem to wholly fit the rest of the story. It could be that I was just in the wrong mood for it. I like the author's writing and I think I shall be looking at reading some of her other books.
on 31 October 2013
A very enjoyable short story from the author of the Olive Farm series. Beautifully written I could see it all unfolding as I read it. I'll definitely be looking out for more fiction from her in the future.
on 24 November 2013
I enjoyed this book and would have no hesitation in recommending it, and found it to be sad in places, but saying that I have recommended this book to my friends and I know they have enjoyed it too.
on 7 June 2014
A good quick read. Very evocative of the area, you can almost smell the ripe lemons and feel the heat!
I would recommend this book it was sad happy gripping and escape reading I felt for each person in the book
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It was short and I read it in one day on holiday. Really took you back to Menton.
on 23 September 2013
Get the olives out, and the wine, sit yourself down when you know you won't be interrupted for 90 minutes or so, and get lost in this delightful tale.

A lovely story which, from the start, takes you into Cecile's world and the market in Cannes. It is so well written that you hardly notice you are actually reading, you become involved in the characters and the book plays in your head like a small film taking you along as a spectator.

I loved this book and read it in two sittings, the lovely thing about The Girl in Room Fourteen is that it will appeal to all ages and all genres. A simple story with a big impact.
on 25 May 2017
Love Card Drinkwaters writing.
on 12 January 2014
The girl in room fourteen, was a good read but not one of the best I've read lately. It was ok.