Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 26 February 2014
Having read The Wald I found purchasing this book a must and I was not disappointed. I found that this book was even better than the first and bounced from both sides of the story very well again better than the first book in the series. The story was portrayed in a gripping manner and I look forward to completing the trilogy.
on 24 January 2014
I bought this book as I enjoyed the previous book in the series. As this one started where the other left off I was immediately interested. By halfway into the book it had gone off the boil and there was too much jumping around between stories for different characters. I have left off reading it now and gone onto something else. I will finish this one off someday.
on 8 January 2014
... is some Germanic tribes trying to stop the relentless advance of the Roman Empire. Born showed in his Norseman trilogy that he can get his readers' heads around another culture while telling a good yarn at the same time.
on 30 January 2014
Characters much richer. V interesting take on this period showing how conflicted nations and loyalties become and affect the ordinary people as if they are flotsam on the ever flowing tide of civilisation
on 22 January 2014
I loved this and previous books very much indeed. I could immerse myself in the characters on both sides , both Roman and "Germanic". The book was so well written I think he is one of the greatest historical fiction writers , in my opinion better than Bernard Cornwell and Wilbur Smith
on 26 November 2013
After reading the Wald, which set all the characters, the Wald Afire really started to involve the reader in a gripping tale of how the Romans viewed their right to conquer and the effect on the conquered.
on 1 January 2014
Following his enjoyable Viking series I thought I'd why not? This new series is actually better as it covers a subject area that I'm more familiar with, so it is a personal recommendation. Try them.
on 7 December 2013
A good follow on from "The Wald". It gives a good account of the integration of tribes into the Pax Romana, with good inter racial relationships. Liked it. Look forward to the next book.
on 22 April 2014
this book kept me interested and enthralled throughout, I didn't really fancy the book as I thought it was going to be a little tedious after the first instalment but I was wrong. Great read.
on 5 March 2014
Very good books cannot Waite for the next one ???? Can you tell me and every body els when it will be written and published brilliant thanks for a good read