on 8 December 2015
Arrived earlier than forecast. Absolutely great, just ordered again in black. Love these strides, so warm & snug. Original pair got snagged & torn, so were replaced. When the black ones arrive they'll be my third pair. You might guess, they are well recommended. Very well made, great fit, good manufacturer & seller, fair price too...
...Follow-up: Was contacted by seller to say, "problem with new shipment of BLACK Craghops, would I accept new colour option of BLACK PEPPER?" I said yes. Craghops arrived a day later. Great service and the colour is well described as BLACK PEPPER. Not black, kind of dark grey, plain colour and more than acceptable. As always, well made and perfect fit. I repeat, they are well recommended, good manufacturer & seller, fair price too...John
on 23 February 2016
When I received these trousers they seemed suspiciously lightweight. However I have worn them through the worst of the winter weather and they have kept me warm and dry the whole time. Really comfortable as well, having walked hundreds of miles in them.

They repel light rain really well, however they do get wet in persistent driving rain, however even then they took ages to soak through. A really good item.
on 3 January 2015
Excellent fit,very much as advertised. Extremely comfortable but not as well lined as I expected them to be,
I have a pair of Regatta lined walking trousers which are much warmer IMO.and as I recall were also cheaper too. That said, these trousers are fine for the serious walker as the steady walking pace would keep you warm in any case.Sadly I am not a serious walker I am a birder first and foremost and spend a lot of time sitting in hides and standing in the cold watching the birds.
On the whole these trousers could and should be better.
on 3 January 2014
We do lots of hiking and living in Europe often means bad weather when you head out or during the hike. These pants are truly warm without being hot indoors. Soft material on the inside, resilient (but flexible) material on the outside to deal with wind and some moisture make these pants great for more than just hiking. And the styling keeps them looking dowdy for city travel. But the best part for me was the ability to order these pants with sizing the includes pant leg length. Normally hiking pants are too long and before they can be worn, it is necessary to pay for alterations! But these were definitely ready to go straight out of the box. Definitely recommend them to everyone!
2 people found this helpful
on 20 December 2016
It's a pity to give these trousers a 3 stars on account of one issue, but it's big enough issue. The upper front-side pockets are too shallow and the opening is too wide for their shallowness. As a result, your car keys, your cell-phone or whatever you put in them is at risk of slipping when sitting down, especially if the seat is low. I really don't understand this. Because, overall the trousers are good and warm, they fit nicely, elegantly. I had put them aside but today I tried them on again and the warmth is welcome.
on 12 December 2013
We live in the north of Scotland and I ordered these for my husband for when he walks the dog. They are warm and keep him dry on the days when the weather is cold, windy and/or wet. The only downside was the button which fell off after a few wears. They arrived quickly and packaged well.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2014
Nice trousers, nice colour, but when I got them the didm't fit.

I ordered 30L, which is a 30 waist and a long length leg, when they arrived they were a bit tight, and we measured them at around 27-28" waist and Regular length legs, so sorry they didn't fit, if they had we would have kept them, as they were a gift for my Partner, but were just too short in the leg and too tight.
on 29 May 2013
These arrived in January, and I didn't expect to use them for long. But it stayed cold and the trousers were well-used. Very good wind resistance and a good warm feel. They were tested in the Cambrian mountains at 1-2 degrees and stiff winds. Also a lot of dog-walking in low temperatures. Highly recommended.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2015
These were ordered as a gift for a male friend. Unfortunately, had to return for longer length as I made mistake. Their customer service could not have been more helpful. This particular item does fit a little more snugly than other Craghoppers my friend has bought but otherwise happy.
on 7 April 2013
My husband goes on long walks in all weathers and has some of these trousers already which cost him £40/pair. He is very pleased with the new trousers and the price was excellent. My cousin, who is usually my husband's walking partner borrowed a pair recently in the very cold weather and was so impressed he has since purchased the same himself.
2 people found this helpful