on 31 October 2014
Not impressed. I did not know this has to lean against a wall before I bought it. This puts it at an immediate disadvantage since we don't have many free wall spaces where my child can play. The spaces he can play with it are inconvenient meaning he doesn't have constant access to it as I would have liked. Also, with wooden flooring, it slips away from the wall very easily. You have to get the exact right angle or the trains constantly de-rail. Preschool children are obviously quite heavy handed so to expect an exact angle to be kept, leaning against a wall, on wooden flooring is just not achievable. On the odd occasions we do have the correct angle, it zooms down the tracks well. But, 2 seconds, the thrill is over and you have to put the paint piece back, close the bits the train knocked over and do it again for another 2 second thrill. It certainly was not well thought out when designing. I really fail to see the need to it to learn against anything! Would not have been hard to make it so it stands up properly. Nowhere near as good as other Thomas sets in my opinion and I would not have wasted my money on it had I known. Just extra "tatt" which we will soon get rid of.
on 17 July 2015
Yes you do have to lean it against a wall, but it clearly states that on product information, and also it works just as well against a sofa, it took my partner less than 5 mins to put together, and our four year old, has been playing with it all day! as a massive thomas fan, he thinks its great, its the first thomas toy he has had that something else attaches to the trains (the paint splat at the end) do note that the only the small trains (e.g. thomas percy) will work with the magnatised face paint splat at the end, great value for money, we are happy enough with the product that we will buy the other attachments, last thing if you are putting the trains on the track and they are falling out of the track, its because the angle is not quite right, its simple to fix, just make sure the top green part is flat against the surface, literally 30 secs of trial and error. we nearlydidnt buy it because of the reviews, made it seem a cheap thing that cannot stand up, but honestly its fantastic and well worth the money!
on 20 April 2014
Fed up with bad reviews which state they disappointed as wont stand alone or have to lean on the wall.

On the box it clearly states you have to tilt on the wall.... After a little play with getting the angle right it works perfectly and is bringing my son so much joy and excitement this very moment. (Everyone has to share his excitement when Thomas splats into the paint)

My son is a huge take and play fan.... so it is brilliant that we have a set that goes up against the wall, we have ran out of floor space.

Like all take and play dont expect to much from the tracks... this is one of the better and more fun ones to date.
on 30 June 2014
Hours of fun had with this in my house. My boys were getting bored of their flat track on the floor and kept asking my to build it up. When I saw this I knew they would love it. It is great!!! Lots of fun for little ones who love Thomas!
on 12 July 2016
Huge hit with our son. He loves the take n play thomas range. Very handy little toys to carry around in general however this particular toy takes a bit of room /is not foldable as the rest of the range.
on 25 January 2017
A gift for my youngest
on 12 October 2015
Went down a storm for my nephews 3rd birthday. Well packaged and good price.
on 9 June 2014
My two year old loves this depsite it being a bit flimsy and having to be leant at an exact angle in order for the trains to go down properly without derailing! Would be better if it didnt have to be leant against a wall.
on 15 March 2014
This is a great addition to the take and play tracks we have for our two and a half year old granddaughter. She's mad for Thomas and loves this set. A little fiddly to assemble but worth it.
on 17 September 2016