Customer reviews

Fourtyfour
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 6 May 2014
Having really enjoyed all of their earlier output and listened to some of the tracks, from this album, performed live, at a recent festival, I wasn't quite sure this album lived up to those previous high (grade) standards, when i first heard to it. Now that I've given it a few more listens, I've started to 'get it'. This has really grown on me.
Gentleman's Dub Club continue to make fantastic music, this should be a part of any Dub Reggae fan's library.
on 1 February 2014
I had already heard all of this but after seeing them absolutely smash it live recently I wanted to own a copy. I would definitely recommend this to anyone into this kind of music and if you do like it then make the effort to go see them live, you won't regret it!
on 21 June 2017
Slick, funky, brassy, beaty - just fabulous
on 21 December 2013
The more I play it, the more I like it. Ska influenced, but bang up to date. Watch out for this up and coming band!
on 3 July 2014
After their storming set at The Gully stage during this years Glastonbury Festival (and they'd better be back!) I bought this.

Wow. I'd never heard of these guys before, in fact, as shallow as it sounds, we only traipsed over to see them because I had a really odd hunch they would be good, honest, and **** me was I right! The crowd were seriously going wild (not in a 1990 Glastonbury way), and nearly every single person walking past was just drawn into the arena as if they had some sort of festival-goer magnet! Well, I suppose they did, their talent.

As others have pointed out, this CD isn't entirely the same vibe as on stage, but, a lot of the tracks from that day are on here plus a few that wouldn't be out of place (and this is a complement) on AnotherLateNight type compilations, tracks like the haunting 'More Than Words'. Personally I think it's all the better for that, and this is definitely going to be a staple of my summer!

4.5 Stars, if only you could give them!
on 15 October 2016
Absolutly love this group. Really talented
on 1 February 2016
Best album I have heard for ages
on 5 February 2017