on 17 January 2018
Purchased as a direct replacement for previous case which was worn out from long and heavy use. Hard to come by but a perfect fit for the kindle model in question unlike another which was suposed to fit but did not.
on 24 January 2016
Purchased for a Kindle Fire HDX 7" (3rd Generation). Looks good, fits perfectly and has worn well.

In terms of fit, all the cut-outs align, allowing me to easily access the various ports and buttons and the overall fit is snug, holding the Kindle nicely in place.

The folding support works well and holds the whole unit straight and steady. The stylus is a great addition, helping keep greasy finger prints from the screen and it fits nicely into an elastic holder so you've always got it with you.

I've had this cover for over a year now and considering the fact it's white and has travelled with me in various bags and been set down in various places, it's retained the whiteness well.

Overall, a great purchase, very happy with this product.
on 11 January 2015
I am generally very pleased with my new Kindle Fire HDX7 and especially that it is lighter to hold than my previous HD7 which I have now passed on to my husband! One disappointment is that when reading a book it is no longer possible to have a bright white background as I had with the HD7. Instead it is a pale parchment colour but more importantly the colour is not consistent across the whole screen. It seems to be whiter in each of the four corners and has a lighter patch in the centre. I have spoken to Kindle technical help about this on several occasions but unfortunately they have not been able to resolve the issue. As my daughter has also recently purchased the same model and has the same problem I assume it is a feature of the HDX models. Since it is obviously possible to produce a bright white background on the HD7 why is it not so on the more expensive HDX7? Also the automatic brightness setting seems to require a minimum level of light or it constantly dims and brightens as it tries to adjust itself. The solution seems to be to turn off the automatic feature and set your own level of brightness.
on 9 January 2017
did what i wanted it to do and that was to hide a scratched invent case
on 29 November 2013
Purchased this for my son.

He had birthday money and wanted a tablet.

We looked at the Kindle Fire HDX and the Hudl. Although the Hudl looked good and was a lot cheaper, my son wanted the Kindle Fire HDX as he knew his way around the Kindle - I have a Kindle Fire HD. Also, i felt more reassured as his kindle would be linked to my Amazon account and also he had access to all the game he had previously requested to play on my Kindle. He also has access to my cloud and the music he had asked to be purchased before. Both the Hudl and Kindle Fire HDX had the quad processor but the Hudl had the front facing camera. To be honest he would use his phone for taking photos so that sort of ruled out that question quite quickly. The fact that I can put on parental controls very easily and limit the time he has to play is an added bonus as a parent. Also, the mayday button has been fantastic. We have contacted Amazon twice for help and they have been really really helpful. They take you through step by step and if they are unable to help will always let you know when they will call back - and they do, down to the last second.

My younger son wants a kindle now and I would not have any problem recommending this product and when the time comes for my youngest to have a tablet, this is what I would chose. May be a bit more pricey than the Hudl but my experiences with it and the customer service from Amazon have completely won me over.
on 23 October 2016
Still good had this 3/4 years now!
on 19 July 2014
Love my all singing, all dancing Kindle Fire. I already have a Kindle Paperweight, but I wanted to use Prime to its best advantage, and with the addition of a Netgear PTV 3000 I can do that now. It's a small, silly thing, but I missed seeing my books in colour. I can surf easily and it fits in my handbag, making it convenient. The battery drains quickly when watching films, and I have the 16gb so the storage isn't great, but I don't play games on it so space is not such a problem for me. My only complaint is that in the outdoors the screen is hard to see. I expected it to have the same capabilities as the Paperweight, but in direct sunlight it's very hard to read. My solution is to keep my Paperweight for outside instead of selling it as I can't fault that for actually reading. I have also used the Mayday service once, and it was instant and excellent.
on 4 July 2016
Great price and a quick delivery.
on 31 December 2013
Bought a 7inch Kindle Fire HD as a Xmas gift, spotted this cover after purchase, bit confused by the advetrs heading as to which model it is actually designed to fit,it states in title it fits all models, so took a gamble & ordered one.

It arrived within a couple of days, well packaged, excellent quality, better than expected.
Kindle fits perfect, very tight fitting inside case.
One downside is due to the confusion of which model it actually fits the speaker holes in this case are in the wrong place for a Kindle HD, obviously it is specifically made to fit a HDX only.
Not too bothered by this oversight as my wife mainly has the volume off anyway..
Extra holes could be made if needed i suppose.
Only real downside is the screen protector included is unusable as it's got a static charge to adhere to the Kindle & just loves dust, i cleaned the Kindle screen before removing screen protectors backing but never made it to the Kindle before dust claimed it 1st, protector is ruined so it went in the bin along the stylus pen as i didn't want to risk a scratched screen without a protector in place.
So buyer beware this cover is only designed to fit a HDX Kindle specifically.
on 22 November 2013
This is the first tablet that have used so it is difficult to compare it against others, however I hAve used a laptop for many years and this little beauty knocks it into a cocked hat. It does have limitations, you can't run Photoshop on it for example, and strangely there is no app for ITS player as yet although BBC I player works well. For use of the internet it is very fast and the touch screen is excellent. The sound for such a small unit is incredible although headphones make it even better. Some apps for example Scrabble, are amongst the best I have seen. I have a kindle e-reader for some time and this was one of the reasons I chose this as my first tablet. I am delighted to say the e-reader is every bit as good as the dedicated model. Finally the most impressive feature for me is the May day feature. Whilst finding my way around there have been a couple of times where I have got lost. It is really great to be able to speak to an expert almost instantly who on both occasions was able to guide me quickly and simply. Very happy and I would recommend this unit to anyone, particularly those who are perhaps not so tech savvy.