on 14 February 2014
I studied loads of reviews on Amazon and eventually opted for the Droid. Based mostly on good reviews and battery life. I am delighted with performance and quality for such little money.

Although slightly bigger than some mini speakers. (At the bottom it is about the same diameter as a tin of tuna, but tapers up nicely to about 7cm diameter to the top of the shiney case, then the speaker 'mesh' tapers even more. It stands about 6.5cm high). So it is still very portable and is not too heavy. It is solidly built and does not rattle/buzz or move about even playing heavy metal at maximum volume.

As for the sound, it is quite remarkable for such a small unit. Clarity is superb across the range, even at full volume. The bass performance is very good, no it doesn't rattle your windows but a 5w output speaker never would. The bass is punchy and quite remarkable especially as it handles the mid and higher frequencies so very well. Yes it is easily loud enough to fill a largeish room with enough sound so people can't hear what you are talking about without asking you to turn it down! I also tried it outside on the decking and it is plenty loud enough to anoy the neighbours. It does sound much better and louder placed on a solid raised surface such as a table, cabinet or mantle piece.

Bluetooth conectivity is good and pairs immediatley with my ipad and works anywhere in the house and outside.
Battery life seems remarkable as I have had the speaker for nearly two weeks and I have used most days for an hour or so on lowish volume and it is still on its initial charge.

The only features that would be handy, although you have a pause and play button and volume control on the unit. There are no 'skip track / back track' buttons on the unit. Not the end of the world but would have been a nice feature especially as the Droid is bluetoth IV and probably could have catered for this.

Well done Azatom.
on 18 December 2013
For starters the battery on this is excellent. You seriously get 10 hours of music.
And when you hear that music, it has a decent sound balance.
You can hear the bass nicely, and there's no tinnyness. It fits on the palm of your hand easily, so don't expect booming sound. But it does reach a decent volume and is really clear. The range on the bluetooth is good too. So you can stick it in the bathroom while in the bath, move it around with you if cooking etc..
Even better, the price. Look at beatpill and Jambone....I'd love to-but 160 quid and upwards. This wins hand down. It wont win design awards, but It looks good too, and they send you a soft wipe thing to clean it down with and make it all shiny again.
This a video review of the Azatom Droid portable Bluetooth speaker. Azatom are a UK company with a great selection of speaker solutions available. The Droid is a simple single speaker driver solution which means you have one larger speaker instead of trying to fit two smaller speakers into the same size of enclosure. This means the Droid offers a fuller sound than similar sized speakers can offer in my experience. If you want something portable with virtually universal device support and a great sound for the size, I highly recommend the Droid. Long battery life and strong build quality just add to the package.
on 19 September 2013
I was looking for a bluetooth speaker for a while & was going to buy the azatom ufo after reading the good reviews. The only negative thing about the ufo people said was the bass could be better. After finding out azatom were developing a new bluetooth speaker i waited months & finely ordered the droid when it was released on september 13th 2013. First thing i noticed when it arrived was how small it was, easly sat on palm of my hand & was hard to imagine it being powerful for such a tiny speaker. I turned it on in my mums sitting room, my mobile connected straight away, placed the speaker in the middle room on laminated floor. Played puff daddy i'll be missing you with volume up full could hear the bass thumping straight away & vocals were clear sound loud but not distorted. My mums partner who was about to go to sleep in next room came through cause he could hear it from bedroom lol. Excellent buy for £24.99 from amazon, The bass is amazing for such a small speaker. Its strong not muffled like on most other bluetooth speakers due to the droid having two bass ports on the bottom & the passive radiater inside. My pal has a istation speaker which is 3 times bigger but isnt as loud & bass is feable compared to azatom droid! Also the droid looks stylish & has the latest bluetooth 4.0 & charges through usb, it even fitted in my android phone charger. Definetly better than cambridge minx & as good as bose sound link mini but way cheaper. Plus is a british company there speakers made in uk, in all recommended.
on 25 November 2013
blooming great I got one for myself first and now have got this for my friend and now it is snowballing every body likes it the sound is awesome for the price I can well recomend it, well worth the money the fact that you can also connect to a laptop etc and get a much better sound as well the whole familey now want one each and have told them where to get this item really good
on 6 January 2014
If you are looking for a Bluetooth speaker in this price range "Look no further"
My Droid arrived I took it out of the box paired it up with my phone no problems at all paired up first time put on a track and just couldn't believe the quality of the sound. Every time I put it on I am just amazed the sound this small speaker pumps out. The BASS is really amazing.
I have listened to the HDMX jam and the Bose sound link the bass of the Droid is far better than the HDMX jam and on par with the Bose sound link.
Believe me you will not be disappointed .
on 29 November 2013
I don't write reviews very often, usually only if I have strong views one way or another, but I felt compelled to write a positive review for the Azatom Droid. I received my Droid today less than 48 hours after ordering (great service!), I opened it up and gave it a full charge first before trying it out, in under a couple of hours the red light went out indicating a full charge, I then quickly and easily paired my ipad with the Droid in less than 30 secs and proceeded to try it out with some music, a bit of Five Finger Death Punch! I was completely stunned at the quality of sound produced by such a tiny device, the drums, bass, guitar and vocals all sound balanced and suitably beefy, and plenty loud enough to fill my room with rich sound. I am more than happy with this purchase and now seriously considering buying a larger Azatom device, might have to buy another Droid first though because my wife keeps nicking it!
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Opportunity arose to review this item and I am very impressed.

Item comes nicely packed in a small box which includes a audio cable, USB cable, cleaning cloth, manual and the speaker. The speaker itself feels very well crafted and won't look out of place particularly because of it's small size. USB socket and jack socket are on the base along with the volume and play/pause buttons.

First device I tried was my laptop using the 3.5mm audio cable. Plugged straight in, no hitches and played beautifully. The quality of the sound is impressive and has a good level of bass which most tablet/phone/laptops don't do very well. The treble was nice and crisp and really is one of the best small speakers I have come across. Even if this device had no Bluetooth I would highly recommend it.

Second device I tried was my aging Blackberry phone. To use Bluetooth you switch the speaker on, press the play button for 3 seconds then press the play button for a further 5 seconds. It will then display in the list of Bluetooth devices. While I was in the process of doing this, my partner connected her new Windows phone to it - she thought she was funny. So both the Blackberry (aging technology) and a new Nokia worked brilliantly. Control was possible from the phone or the speaker and has a wide range so walked into the next room without a drop in connection.

In addition, as other reviewers have commented, you get 10 hours of battery life!

It definitely impressed me.
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a smart, compact, inexpensive, bluetooth speaker. It should connect wirelessly to any phone or tablet supporting bluetooth 4.0 technology - translated, any device no more than two or three years old. The manufacturer suggests that the battery life will last for up to 15 hours. I've only charged the speaker a couple of times but this seems realistic. Charging is via a USB and whilst a USB cable is supplied there's no charger packaged with the speaker. As a result you'll either need to use a spare charger of charge it from a PC or laptop.

I'm using the speaker exclusively when travelling on business. The small size is a major factor for me therefore. I'd have liked the speaker to come with a carry case but kit doesn't, although you can buy a specific one at AZATOM® Droid Carry case - Black - Full Protection - Custom fit - Original - Travel case, but at further cost. Using in hotel rooms, as expected, I haven't had problems with bluetooth dropout. The sound quality is good, a little too much bass for my taste but I mainly listed to voice radio stored as podcasts on my phone or tablet. For this the bass makes voices a little muffled. I'd imagine it would be fine for listening to music though. The volume levels are impressive reflecting the size of the speaker and is markedly louder than either my phone or tablet speakers. This is exactly what I needed.

Finally the speaker was extremely easy to set up. It just requires pairing with your bluetooth device(s). It copes well being paired with more than one device.

So little to dislike. I've dropped a star as it doesn't come with a carry case or charger. Otherwise strongly recommended.
on 7 June 2016
I don't use it myself but my fiance loves it.

It's a handy little thing and is quite small (lets just say if you took a can of coke and you made it a little shorter and a little fatter)

The unit is very loud, has decent bass (considering it's size and the fact that it's on a battery).
Oh and battery lasts AGES. Like, she charges it about once every 2 weeks and uses it daily.

The 1 downside we found is that sometimes (unclear why and it's not due to phone signals) there's a buzzing noise that is quite irritating.
It's not that loud and not audible when music starts up but still loses it 1* due to being annoying.

In short, you won't throw a party with this but if you go down to a lake/beach or have a small room and want some fairly loud, good quality music, this thing is perfect.