on 25 March 2014
All I usually do is use the license key to upgrade/renew my already- installed NIS. This is the latest 2014 version. I got it for about £23. MUCH cheaper than Norton direct.
If you have some days left on an existing license you will lose them despite what is says on the renewal dialog BECAUSE it is a NEW license. BUT if you wait till one day before the old licence expires you get 366 days anyway. You can of course contact Norton to get your old days added back. Live chat is useful for this. Go via the support link as presumably you have it already installed.
So, 1 day before expiry of the old licence, I usually update 3 PC's by entering the license code. Helps to be logged onto your Norton Account too.
Good luck.Do all this BEFORE calling Norton to get your stolen days back.
I like the product but Norton is not very user friendly when renewing. Usually you get a free upgrade to the new version later in the year (autumn)

UPDATED SEPTEMBER 25 2014. SEE MY COMMENTS BELOW. IT'S NOW A GOOD TIME TO CLICK THE NORTON RENEW BUTTON IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION TO GET ONE MORE YEAR FOR NOT MUCH MONEY!!
44 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 March 2018
I`ve used "Norton" for many years now and never had a problem on this desktop pc and on a laptop and am very happy with it on them.
But when I put it on two Motorola mobiles it seemed to take over the whole shebang. You couldn`t make a move without Norton getting in the way so I deleted it from the phones.
ps. The 5 stars are for the desktop pc and the laptop....not the phones!
on 7 October 2014
Why do people ever get the Single PC Version - often it costs more and can only use it on One PC?

This version - GREAT - You can have the years cover for 3 PCs' - You only need the CODE if you already are using NORTON INTERNET SECURITY - you can buy two and use the other next year - you are always allowed to update to the latest version as long as you have paid for a CODE that has not expired by use.

Would recommend that with ALL INTERNET SECURITY & VIRUS PROGRAMS you make sure that you have the best settings for what you want to do on line - THE NORTON SAFE SEARCH is very useful - can help stop you from accidently finding yourself on a BAD SITE - be compromised and find your Bank Account Emptied or worse your identity stolen.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT - and Buying it through AMAZON - NOT EXPENSIVE
on 13 May 2014
I chose this rating because I have used Norton Internet Security for the last 5+ years because it arrives quickly, packaging is minimal, and best of all it is as simple as can be to install on all 3 computers. All you have to do is insert the disk and follow the instructions. I did have one small issue which was for some reason (and I'm sure it was just a blip) I lost my logins for the vault - however, this was not an issue as I went on line to Norton Live Chat and a very nice support technician logged in to my laptop and took control and resolved the issue very quickly! You never have to worry with Norton as they will help you immediately and resolve any issues or questions - Well done Norton once again!

With this in mind, I would recommend Norton Internet Security to anyone from learner to geek!
on 27 February 2015
This product works a treat. I've been using variations of Norton Antivirus for some years now, and I've never been disappointed. It's easy to install, light on resources, and does the business as far as you can prove a negative (no infections to date).
It's also worth mentioning that, due to a recent PC rebuild coupled with an unexpected HDD crash on another PC, i managed to get my licensing screwed up. As a result I used Norton's online chat, and the rep at the other end had my problem sorted within about 15 minutes. I absolutely cannot fault that.
Highly recommended.
on 3 January 2015
Tried the other security suites in the early days (20 years): all had problems and were awful to understand and implement. Always asking unintelligible questions to a lay person! Tried Norton and all problems solved. Never looked back. Install and forget. Never, ever had an infection although it's caught quite a few! Updates constantly, scans when computer is idle and provides really useful info on processes that might be impacting performance. Must say that Norton has no discernable impact itself on computer performance. Recommend without any reservations. My friends who are using it on my recommendation all say the same as me.
on 6 September 2014
My first impressions are that this is a first-rate security product. It's the only internet security product I have tried which has not either slowed down my PC or blocked access to my network cloud storage device or caused problems with other programs (e.g., Mailwasher) or blocked boot-time disk repairs. I've tried Avast AV, Bullguard IS, AVG (AV OK but IS caused problems), Amiti AV to name just some. The only problem I have had with Norton is an old PC is still registered to my account and I am having to liaise with Norton technical support to try to get it removed.
on 30 May 2014
I have used Norton for the last 7 years and have never had a problem either with day to day use or installing it, until this time!

I thought that I would install it on my first computer from the disk, which I thought would be the easiest way to do it as it was just replacing an expired copy of Norton 2013. Wrong! For some reason the installation failed! Faulty disk? I don't know, but Norton asked for everything to be unistalled, Windows 7 was flashing error messages 'install an anti virus system.' It took me one hour to get my system back to normal.

I discovered the easiest way to update Norton on my second Pc was simply click on 'Renew' on the existing Norton setup, enter the new Product Key, completed in sixty seconds without any problems. This may save you some time!
on 16 November 2014
USED NORTON FOR YEARS AND HAD NO PROBLEM.LET DOWN THOUGH BY CONFUSION WHEN INSTALLING ON OTHER COMPUTORS.I MAY BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG BUT HAD TROUBLE PUTTING ON ANOTHER COMPUTOR AS DIDNT INSTALL PROPERLY.DID IT AGAIN AND CAME UP WITH ONLY 336 DAYS LEFT?.THEN WENT BACK 6 DAYS AS MY OLD LICENCE.HAD TO DOWN LOAD AGAIN AND STILL CAME UP WITH INCORRECT AMOUNT OF DAYS LEFT,I UNDERSTOOD THAT IT WOULD ADD ON A YEARS SUBSCRIPTION TO YOUR PREVOUS LICENCE.WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO PUTTING THE DISC IN AND WAY YOU GO.
on 24 March 2014
Have used Norton for many years. Would have given 5*, but it would not load from disk, tried it on my 'newest' computer Win.7 and on my 'standby' comp; Win.XP. Both comps; recognised that a disk had been inserted, but would not download, so I just used the product key, no problems. Of course, as most Norton user's will be aware, just before IS13 was about to expire I was offered a 'free' upgrade to IS14 which I accepted on both computers, so I had in fact been using IS14 for over a month. Did noticed that PC World was selling this version £2 cheaper.....