Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£22.74

on 12 June 2014
This latest edition may seem quite expensive to purchase, but it is worth its weight in gold. It is a comprehensive resource likely to be of great value to students on counselling courses. Impressively well-researched with references to recent research in the field which are up-to-date and relevant. You will not regret buying this for your bookshelf as you will find yourself referring to it again and again.
on 19 September 2016
I've just started my Certificate in Counselling Skills course and its already providing me with lots of useful information. From the content, it looks like I will be able to use it in future courses too as it is both academic and practical.
on 17 June 2015
This book was very helpful when writing a counselling essay I was set at university, it also makes good reading before lectures.
on 24 December 2013
Very informative and a must for level 4 diploma. Would recommend to all students and is easy to use and would be useful for different types of counselling.
on 9 March 2017
Bigger than expected but full of the type of current info that John McLeod is so good at delivering & meets my study needs perfectly. Delivered quickly as well..
on 6 June 2014
A great source of reference. Bought this as a top up to the few others I had bought for the beginning of my counselling training. it's been very useful, and no doubt will continue to be so
on 26 November 2013
This book is one of the best for those new to the study of counselling. It outlines theories clearly and is useful for anyone submitting counselling assignments and hoping to pursue a career in this area.
on 6 October 2013
I have updated my copy of this excellent text and the latest 5th edition is proving an invaluable resource yet again.

John McLeod writes in a very accessible, easy-to-read style, yet he does not compromise on content. With seven new chapters, this book offers, not just an introduction to the breadth and depth of counselling, but an up-to-date exploration of models and theories, ethics, current issues, the many aspects of practice, and a critical evaluation of the field. Each chapter ends with a conclusion, recommendations for further reading and questions to prompt reflection and discussion.

This text is a useful resource for students at all levels of training. I first bought a copy of this text many years ago when I first started counselling training - it has proved to be invaluable. Each new edition seems to have grown with me and offered more. As I move on to a doctorate in counselling psychology this latest 5th edition remains an excellent resource. I highly recommend this book.
on 25 December 2013
The book arrived quickly and was in perfect condition.
I have found the book to be a bit vague and I didn't find it gave enough information about how the theories worked. I am still reading so may find it better as I get on with it.
on 9 January 2014
This book is a must for those on the Level 4 Diploma in Counselling. It covers so many aspects of counselling and is so easy to understand. It covers a lot of the topics on the Diploma and is therefore an invaluable tool for any student.