on 10 September 2011
I bought this dvd for the grandchildren because I enjoyed it when I was a kid , not all blood and guts, as the
films seem to be these days , just good fun . They enjoyed it too , so maybe there is hope for us yet.
on 5 April 2015
First saw this on VHS when my kids were young. Bought the DVD for nostalgia. It is shot on film and 4x3 format which looks a bit odd now. But once 5 minutes in, the story and characters take over from the apparent lack of technical quality.
on 9 March 2016
This has to be just perfect an adaptation of this famous story for kids and grown ups alike. Simply wonderful animation and with narration which is just timeless. Every home should have this movie in their collection.
on 25 October 2014
I already had this original on tape. It was almost 'played out' while my grandchildren were small!
Later,I missed viewing the story so much ,but was thrilled to discover it is now available on C.D. The magic is still there , in all its potency !I have seen modern versions but oh dear me, NO !! They are not a patch on the exquisitely and sensitively produced original. A wonderful , going back in time , with all the joys this brings ! Happy viewing !
on 9 November 2014
A delight for young and old alike! Sharing the joy of this with my (almost) 4 year old granddaugther is a wonderful experience I am treasuring. I hope she will remember this in years to come, as I will for as long as I am capable of doing so!
on 2 February 2013
I watched this film when I was 6 and then had it on video. I then purchased the DVD so I had a 'forever' copy. I think the story is brilliant and the attention to detail amazing (I especially love Toad's googly expressive eyes and mouth and of course his wiggly hands!). My 3 year old is now hooked and, like me, has already memorised some parts! David Jason is of course amazing. I think it is an all round lovely, watchable film for all ages. I certainly have never tired of it and never will.
VINE VOICEon 21 March 2013
I bought this to bring back the happy memories of watching it with my daughter when she was a toddler. She's 24 now, so quite a while ago. I used to have it on VHS but of course we've all thrown out video recorder now and so i hadn't watched it for years.
It's exactly the same, the full length film and what's more. I remembered all the songs!
Would recommend this for young and old alike, a real feel good animation.
on 4 February 2013
Wind in the Willows has been made many times, but this remains one of my favourites.
Very funny, witty in places, but at times with a certain pathos.
The characters have been brought to life by the well known talented actors voices, dubbed over the animation.
Better than cartoons, I think, because it is more realistic.
A thoroughly enjoyable DVD.
VINE VOICEon 8 February 2013
I used to have the video tape of this to watch with my daughter when she was little. She's now 23. I loved it then, and i love it now. It is brilliantly made and narrated and is real escapism. Buy it even if you've never read the book. It's really nostalgic for me to watch it. Brought back a lot of good memories.
Would definitely recommend.
on 3 September 2013
I ordered this for my children after we found a toad in the garden. It is as brilliant as I remember it, although my 6 year old was a little scared in some places. Classic animation / film, a must-see for everyone!!