on 27 April 2014
I had the tan coloured case before this one I height don't recommend anything apart from black. The leather is amazing for these cases but it's soft and can damage easily. I accidentally put my keys in the same pocket and it damaged the case so beware! Don't get cream or tan or light colours because they get dirty and it's very difficult to clean. Overall it's a nice fitting case great quality but leather can damage easily.
on 29 November 2015
After plenty of head scratching over whether to upgrade to the new iPhone 6s or wait until next year when the iPhone 7 shows up I eventually and sensibly opted to hang on to my 5s and hope it holds out okay.

So in a bid to keep my current phone faithful to me I decided to show it some love and buy it a nice new winter coat. I opted for this rather smart leather case by Apple as I'd always fancied one, but at the full retail price it simply seemed a little bit too expensive for the purpose served. Boy, I'm so happy I took the plunge, it's nothing less than exquisite.

At just over half the price that they sell for in the Apple Store I think it represents truly great value for money and I'm pretty sure that in a years time when I eventually upgrade I'll opt for the same solution.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed I assure you. I know it's only a silly little case to go over your phone, but when I popped it onto my handset it really gave me a feeling of great contentment. I'm serious, if you could've witnessed the joy on my little face when I held it up in front of me for the first time - happiness personified.

You owe it to yourself to give your smartphone a decent quality cover and I don't think you can really do better than this beautifully produced and well thought through product.

After spending out on half-a-dozen different cases over the last 20 months I'm now kicking myself for not having gone ahead and bought this when I initially purchased my phone from the Apple Store. I particularly love the way they've managed to work the leather seamlessly around the corners so that it looks very clean and crisp. Also, the inside of the case has a very soft microfiber finish to offer a decent degree of protection to the back of your handset.

When you slip this case onto your iPhone you'll notice you can see about a millimetre of the metal edging that sits adjacent to the screen, I like this, it gives it a quality look and breaks up the symphony of black in a really interesting fashion.

So in conclusion, I'm 100% happy with my selection. I genuinely can't come up with one single negative detail about this case. The only thing I'm a bit irritated about is the fact I didn't buy it before now.

Many thanks to the little magic goblins that work at Apple... Oh yes, and Amazon for offering this item at a fair and affordable price.
on 23 December 2015
I have bought plenty of cheaper cases in an attempt to save money and I wish I could go back and just purchase a case like this one, for life. This case is sleek and very classy. It feels soft in the hand and adds more grip than the 5s has to offer (which isn't much to begin with, so a case like this is a must).

This case is on the pricier side, however, when you've paid plenty of money for the phone, this case is an investment you can't pass up.
I have been using it for nearly a few weeks now and the product hasn't worn down in a way other reviewers have stated. Maybe i'm just extra careful with my products, who knows.

The holes are precision pierced at the bottom and I highly appreciate this as someone who always plays music out loud. I would definitely recommend this product! Apple never seems to fail their customers, 5/5.
on 28 April 2014
Feels tremendous on the iphone.
Very tactile
No weight or bulk, hugs the iphone and fits superbly.
Worth every penny.

I only held back on buying this due to reviews saying it didn't fit headphones or non apple lightning leads. Wish I hadn't.
They fit my beats, skull candy, sony and sennheisers with no issue, any jack with the now standard step down in the plug fit with this case. High end studio headphones won't but they aren't meant for portable devices.
Fits my belkin lightning lead and several cheap Hong Kong copy lightning leads I use with no issue. Of course it won't fit the 30pin converter adaptor, no case will unless the bottom is exposed.
on 31 January 2016
The best case you can get for your iPhone! Is leather and it feels epic. Fits snugly and offers a great level of protection. Yes, it is expensive however as I always say, you get what you pay for. There it is! The best leather soft case you can get and its made by Apple. So you know what to expect in terms of quality.
on 23 September 2015
I love this case, I have been searching for an age for a simple, slim and reliable case and here it is. It sufficiently overlaps the screen - I can never understand the many cases which finish before the screen and hence leaves it so open to accident. It is smooth to the touch, it covers the buttons beautifully but allows them still to be pushed, again an apparent rarity! I would highly recommend.
on 20 June 2014
Although this was not a cheap option, having read reviews on similar items I decided to go for the Apple product. I am delighted. The black is smart and practical. It fits really snugly and maintains the slim design of the phone. Recommended.
on 14 November 2015
Only just purchased it but it looks good and fits well. I don't think the level of protection will be that high but I didn't want the bulk that many of the cases which do offer a much higher level of protection add. The best thing about this case is the price compared to the Apple Store which is £10 more!
on 10 August 2015
Really, really pleased with this. Have been using it for some time now and still has a classy feel. It's nice to have a case whereby one can maintain the size of the original phone. I can't be doing with large bulky cases with a front cover. I invested in a really strong solid screen protector; the combination of this and the black iPhone cover is excellent.
on 3 January 2016
A really good all-round case. Looks super sleek and it's not too thick at all but it seems sturdy and like it would offer good protection. I have this case with a screen protector and that for me is the perfect combo for design and protection. The leather also feels great - not slippy but no doesn't attract dust like silicone cases. Definitely a great material for a case. The apple logo is not too noticeable (I hate it when something is too branded) so that's a plus too.

Overall, the best case I've had for a phone and would definitely recommend it. Fits like a glove and the buttons are really easy to press. Oh, and there's proper gaps for all the ports - I've never had any problems with connecting cables.