The Christmas Album
Format: Audio CD|Change

#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 December 2013
Although I normally prefer a bit of originality in Christmas albums, I occasionally buy Christmas albums filled entirely with familiar songs, when I feel they are likely to be good enough anyway. Such is the case here. The carols presented here all focus on the religious aspects of Christmas, leaving the snow, trees and Santa for others - or maybe for another album if they stick around long enough to be allowed to record a second Christmas album.

All the carols here will be very familiar to British ears and most of them will be very familiar to American ears, though two of them (Once in Royal David's city, I saw three ships) are quite rare on mainstream American Christmas albums (but I have American versions of both songs), so I think those two are not so popular in the USA as in the UK.

Richard and Adam sing Adeste Fideles in its original language rather than as O Come, All Ye Faithful, the English translation. With such a familiar tune, most people could sing along in English anyway if that's what they want to do. I sometimes buy foreign language albums just to hear familiar songs a little differently, so I'm quite happy that Richard and Adam recorded Adeste Fideles this way.

This is a superb album that I love despite the somewhat predictable choice of carols. If you actually want a selection of obvious songs, you might think even more of it than I do.
on 11 December 2013
I loved this Christmas Carol CD. It is nice to listen to carols as they are meant to be sung. I particularly liked the singing of "O Come all ye Faithful" in Latin - a lovely change.
I will be playing this many times up to Christmas and will definitely be brought out again next year - superb!
on 13 February 2014
These young men are so talented.
It is wonderful their talent has been recognised.
Their Grandma such an encouragement to them!
I hope they continue to do well, and their voice training goes on being successful.
on 3 March 2017
cant wait to listen to it at Christmas :-)
on 28 February 2017
Very happy with my cd will recommend great sellers
on 27 April 2017
Works fine and very enjoyable
on 20 May 2017
Was a gift
on 28 March 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 March 2017