Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 October 2013
This is a well thought out compilation of 70 tracks from the SKA / 2 Tone period, probably covering about 30 years of a developing music style. It is nice to have some of the original SKA tracks juxtaposed with their later 2 Tone re-workings, by groups such as The Beat, Madness, Bad Manners etc.

Some of the original SKA recordings have not been messed around with too much, as some of the 'pops and crackles' of the original recordings are still in evidence, but this is probably no bad thing. It also introduced me to a couple of SKA artists I had not heard of before.

So, if you do not have a compilation like this in your collection already, then this is probably one of the better ones to go out and buy.

** As a side note, if you buy this on CD then you also get the Amazon MP3 Autorip version. Be warned though, if you try to buy this album direct on MP3 then Amazon appear to be offering a completely different album (well, this was the case, as of early October 2013)
on 15 December 2013
Bit of moon stomping was needed, and I saw this advertised on tv, and thought that's for me, great sounds.
on 16 June 2014
Cracker album. What a nice mixture of rare ska and two tone tracks on it keeps me skanking away Very happy
on 31 May 2016
as good as it gets
on 9 March 2014
Brought it for my husband, he is happpy with it, lots of popular tracks for him to drive me insane with
on 17 November 2013
I really good selection of Ska over the years. I prefer the newer tunes but all round its a good album.
on 11 April 2014
This was bought for my granddaughter and as she asked for it I am sure she will be very pleased with it
on 18 January 2014
Husband is the fan of SKA and he loves this CD great music excellent choice of singles were his words
on 20 December 2013
Took me back some years listening to this cd but they were good years with lots of good fun memories
on 7 December 2015
I bought this for a family relative for Christmas. It arrived well ahead of time. No problems