on 3 April 2017
Really loved the manga - managed to finish it in one sitting. Really sad that the manga and anime has finished.
The manga well packaged and the shipping was very fast! The quality of the manga was very new! Really happy with my purchase!
on 5 August 2017
I am very happy with this item and would recommend this seller.
on 13 April 2016
bought for a friend and she's happy with it
on 30 December 2017
My son was delighted with this
on 22 September 2017
An awesome manga to start with.
on 30 April 2017
My friends keep going on about this manga, so I thought I'd give it ago. Even though I thought it was a good read I don't see what all the fuss is about
on 13 April 2015
The very first manga I ever read, and still reading, Naruto is an absolute masterpiece, popular not just in Japan but in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and many other countries, selling over 200 million copies worldwide! With good reason too; this manga sports stunning art styles, cinematic visuals, powerful dialogue & writing with twists at every turn and supreme characterization, there is a character everybody can relate too! Story: 12 years ago, Konohagakure (The Village Hidden in the Leaves) was attacked by a gargantuan demon fox with 9 tails. The ninja corps were dispatched to try and pin it down but to no avail. Then Konohagakure's leader, the Fourth Hokage (Fire Shadow), sacrificed his life to seal the demon fox's spirit into a newborn baby. Present day: the baby has now grown up into Naruto Uzumaki, ninja flunky! He has failed his ninja exams 3 times already and is the scorn of the village but that doesn't matter to him because he is set on achieving his dream: to become the greatest Hokage of Konohagakure and earn the respect of the people. With his rival and friend Sasuke, his love interest with a short temper Sakura and his mysterious yet cool Master Kakashi, Naruto sets out on his journey to becoming a ninja! Once you pick up the first volume, you will never want to put it back down! At the end of each chapter, you crave more, you fear for the heroes, you marvel at the villains, you'll laugh, you'll weep, this manga will bring out the emotion in you...BELIEVE IT!
on 27 April 2005
Naruto is one of the best mangas I've read in a long time. It has great fight scenes, amazing ninjitsus (Ninja magic/techniques), pleasingly bizzare jokes, and like most good mangas, fasinating and compelling characters. One of the best things about this series is the way that practically every person who is given a name is fleshed out greatly, so seeming 'backround'characters can become as important to you as the main ones.
This leads me on to my 'but...' in the title. The reason why all the characters are so interesting is that there is a lot of time spent on them, meaning that Naruto is a VERY long series, over 28 volumes and with no signs of stopping. This is, of course, a good thing in many ways. First of all it allows the plot to become epic, with many twists and turns. Also, it lets you really get to know for and care about the people involved. There is one major downside to this though, a downside shared with many other manga 'epics' like Rounarai Kenshin and InuYasha. Cost.
Naruto volumes sell at about £5 each over Amazon, a very, very good price as it happens, but 28 x £5 is a much bigger number, well over £100, and remember that its still going strong.
In the end though, Naruto is one of the best mangas around and you will love every second of it, but beware that it is quite a committment if you intend to finish the whole series. If you do stick with it, however, I'm sure you will love it.
on 12 March 2011
I wish I could Love this manga like I want too but the thing is... They changed the damn names!
Nothing is JUTSU, the SEXY JUTSU is the NINJA CENTEFOLD, the SHADOWCLONE JUSTSU is DOPPLEGANGER.
Why did they do this?
I <3 the Manga with alot of the origonal japanese in the text, most of its all in english now, just the layout is japanese
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 February 2005
I read this book on a friends recommendation and have been hooked to the series since. It is a funny story with great artwork. I especially love the artist's style because I think his anime people look a lot more human than in many other series: for example, Sakura is not a typically cute, girly anime girl.
Like many other mangas, this is a character-based story and Kishimoto deals with real life issues like loneliness - Naruto is the nightmare of every school teacher, trying any stupid things just to get people to pay attention to him. And I think everybody has an Inner Sakura - that attitude voice inside of you that yells what you don't dare to say.
Although this is shonen, both boys and girls will enjoy it - I know 'cos I'm a girl! I would reccommend it to people who enjoy manga with decent art, characters everyone can empathise with and a great plot. I'm knocking off one star because some of the fight scenes are too long and the method of storytelling is far from flawless.