on 30 July 2017
We use this to take video for our fitness studio. It's a good product, but here are some issues:
1. The screen is very difficult to read and could benefit from backlighting.
2. The lack of a live display showing exactly what you are filming means that you need to connect it to your mobile device. There isa a "backpack" display you can pick up for around £70.
3. We are now experiencing problems connecting to mobile. The password no longer seems to work.
4. This device is incredibly power hungry. Buy extra batteries and a charger.
5. Not great for underwater filming.
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 July 2014
Brilliant. This is my first GoPro, and I have been delighted by its versatility.

I don't intend to write about what it can do - the description does this well - but just to say that, as a first-time user but an experienced photographer, I have really appreciated the versatility of the GoPro 3+ black.

The wireless capability means that the remote control (included) mirrors the back display of the camera itself; perhaps even better is the capability to control it with a smartphone (using the GoPro free app) which allows you to see what the camera is taking as well.

I have confidence in the waterproof housing, and was impressed byt he number of mounts that come with the camera. In addition, I've purchased a floaty back and a telescopic pole - and doubtless there'll be more. But this is actually a testament tot eh versatility of the GoPro.

I've not had any trouble with the reported focus problems of early models. I don't use this for selfies - most of my videos and shots are long range - and I have been very impressed by the quality.

In short - I'm excited by the potential of this compact miracle.
on 13 May 2014
The GoPro Hero 3+ is a great camera that hasn't failed to impress with its high quality picture and huge range of applications. As an owner of one of the earlier HD Hero's (version 1) I can say that it has been considerably improved in both size (much smaller and lighter) and in the number of features as well as the image quality.

The Wifi powered remote control is a great addition and the use of the iphone app with minimal camera delay makes setting up shots pain free. As others have commented the wifi is a bit of a battery drain though!

Videos can be edited with ease on an ipad with imovie or using gopro's pretty decent free software from their website.

The only thing holding this camera back from a 5 star rating is that mine was supplied with a few bits of dust behind the actual lens of the camera (not the waterproof housing) which shows a bit of sloppiness with build, in fairness though their support team have offered that if it causes a problem they'll take it in,

All in a ll a great buy that i don't regret at all!
on 28 December 2015
Bought for my husband's 40th birthday a year and a half ago. He loves it! We've used it loads. Takes great pictures and video. We've taken some amazing underwater videos of our kids swimming. It's light and compact, so ideal to carry around with you. The only problem is that you can't see what you're taking pictures of, so we had to buy the screen attachment as well. Having said that, it's quite a wide angle lens, so it's actually quite easy to capture what you intend without being able to see it.
on 27 November 2015
one of the bests buys.. used it in the snow in Swedish Lapland, used for snorkelling in Philippines and Italy, used at a fun park trampolining and also for a bungee jump!

Great to have adrenaline shots/videos and to use in places you wouldn't normally be able to.

I purchased the head and chest pack separately so I could do some of the above as well as an extending pole and the floaty.

If you haven't got one already - get one!
on 17 November 2014
Excellent service & delivery. This wonderful piece of kit goes from strength to strength and I purchased these Go Pro 3+ Black,edition (which is actually also a full kit with remote) even though the Go Pro 4 is now available as general work horse POE Cameras as the quality at 1080p @ 60FPS under the right conditions is of near broadcasts standard.
Technology changes on a daily basis but these are pretty much recession proof & you just can not argue in respect of the value for money. Possibilities are only limited by your Imagination.
on 30 December 2014
Very good camera, but image stabilization could have been improved significantly, also the 4K resolution is a gimmick at only 15 FPS, it is useless. The 120 FPS is a cool feature, but at too low a resolution to be useful for anything other than mocking around.

Love the fact though that you can get a million items to it and the camera is highly reliable.

There are other cheaper alternatives to this that will be just as good as this - Chinese ripoff products can be found on Amazon for around 30-60 GBP, and looks identical to the GoPro.
on 28 April 2016
Very disappointed, I bought this as a gift, it worked until it needed to be re-charged and then it would not charge at all! We tried with a new charger, a new battery and even thought it might be a faulty plug. It would've cost much to much to have it repaired. By that time we were advised we've had it for to long to change or do anything about it. A lot of money wasted!!
on 14 February 2016
Took this backpacking with me for 12 months and it never hiccuped, never failed, and took great quality photos and videos.

It's been through hell being dragged around the world and all it's got to show are a few scratches on the outer case.

Love it!
on 18 February 2015
An awesome bit of kit. Used on holiday in NZ to video mountain biking, hikes, whitewater rafting, kayaking, mucking around, etc...

Its also really good for ultra-wide panoramic photos if you've not got a camera with a wide-angle lens or panoramic function (although I must say that in NZ sometimes the pano function wasn't even wide enough so I ended up using the GoPro loads...).