Customer reviews

Soul Togetherness 2013
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 January 2014
I last got the 2010 collection and that was great. Dipped back in for 2013 and the album is great. Some great tracks some from better known artists like Timmy Thomas but some from artists that I had not come across before and I can explore more now.
Thoroughly recommended !
One person found this helpful
on 30 November 2013
My husband puts this on his Christmas list each year. Great tunes. Quick delivery. I gave this to my mum to give to my husband as she never knows what to buy him.
on 8 January 2018
Brilliant
on 9 January 2014
last years well chosen mixture of smooth soul tracks - another good collection to add to the previous years tracks
on 7 August 2014
great album
on 27 January 2015
Enjoyed by son
on 17 December 2013
Brilliant every track is a winner - as usual another great soul togetherness album can not wait for the next one in 2014
on 15 November 2013
Have had this cd a couple of weeks now to appreciate why it is like it is.....
I was scared before it's release that it would too new R&B based for me, and from the start there is an element of that with the first four tunes being in that Soul Lounge (cd) type sound.
It should also be noted that all bar the Chi-lites track are from 2013 , which I wasn't sure that would give a good balance of sound.
However you have to remember that this cd is from the expansion records stable and compiled by Ralph Tee and Richard Searling, so should I have worried. Of course not!
There are at least 7 great tracks plus a couple of smooth tracks and even a house flava to savour.
The McKoy track has a funky Al Jarreau type sound. Charlie Wilson's mix is cool and well worth a listen. The retro sound from the Funk Factoris probably one of my favourites, along with the smooth Sheree Brown track, and of course there is the great Bluey track near the end of the cd which should be in any soul collection.
One thing I have noticed though is that the MP 3 deluxe version has 20 tracks, were the cd only has 15. Expansion have been advocates of buying CDs so this is a surprise, and somewhat unfair.
As a summary of this cd ....it's another good cd from Expansion. Is it their best ....probably not, will it be a cd that you play regularly ....probably not.....but it will be one that you drag out from time to time and play several tracks, or play at dinner parties.
Now have the Love Vibes Too cd which is epic (see review) and am hoping there will be a Luxury Soul 2014 cd, which will be more contemporary soul and less modern R & B.
6 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2013
Great cd yet again from the soul togetherness crew have added this cd to the rest off my collection all the classics on one cd