on 6 March 2017
Having forgotten most of the German I learned in school (about 45 years ago) I wanted an easy way back into relearning it.

This little book is very easy to read - fairly simple (but usable) German is employed in the stories. An English translation is also included, together with a vocabulary list.

The stories are pretty simple, but there are a few elements of humour which make them enjoyable. Set in real life situations, I would argue that these stories are perhaps more effective for learning than traditional rote grammar methods.

I'll be buying the full series, since there are some more advanced texts available as well.

For anyone who wants a gentle introduction I'd say these are great.
on 5 March 2014
I love this book. The short stories are easy to read, possible unknown words are emboldened and explained in subsequent pages-the rest can mostly be worked out by context. Dino is a likeable character and the stories give a believable account of life in Berlin. I just wish the book had more pages as it is a quick read. Perhaps Andre could release a book with 20 or 50 stories, no one would mind paying a bit more for the extra pages and his next book could be enjoyed for longer. Buy this book if you want to get into reading stories in German with greater ease.
on 11 October 2016
A great book of a couple of short stories for beginners. small in size easy to take it with you on the train to practise your language skills. I would say it falls into A1-A2 category but definitely requires some previous knowledge of German. In addition, you have a list of more difficult vocabulary printed at the end of every story so it is easy too look for translation. For me it appears that every story seems more difficult so you can really feel how you progress. Great buy!
on 30 October 2015
Good for testing a person's ability to understand German. I would use this in conjunction with other materials and not as a stand alone teaching tool.
on 13 March 2017
Learning German is made a bit more fun reading this charming short stories. I bought the whole series and am on my 2nd round. This time, they're a slightly easier read. So I must be making progress. The stories are funny and a bit addictive. I read them because I want to know what happens next, and you forget you're also learning a new language. I am very much a beginner, so I'd say they suit that level most.
on 9 April 2017
This series of books is excellent fir beginners. It's easy to read. Short chapters with translation if key words/phrases so you font need to keep referring to a dictionary. Good examples of all tenses, accusative, dative etc and an interesting and funny story!
on 22 May 2017
These books are a great way to practise your German reading. Stories are simple but interesting and you are learning abou German culture
on 18 April 2015
Excellent learning resource, don't let the low page count put you off, this book is great value for money front to back. However, whilst the print is neat, the quality of the binding on my copy was poor, I had several pages loose and falling out my book on arrival as they were not bound properly. Very frustrating for a well written book that would be perfect to take around and learn on the go.
on 13 March 2017
A very good book, I recommend it.
on 11 April 2017
Good clear voice. Good speed. Neither too fast nor too slow. Enjoy the story and learn German vocab and sentence structure without really trying! Very helpful with learning German. I'll get more in this series while I'm at this beginners level.