on 6 January 2016
I had avoided Arcade Fire for years because I didn't really understand their music. I'm not sure I do still, but I don't mean that in a bad way - since I bought Reflektor, I've been back and bought all their other stuff and watched countless concerts of theirs on Youtube. God I love them as a band and I'm kicking myself I didn't get into them earlier and I'm still noticing oodles of stuff I love about their music. I had always liked 'The Suburbs' song, but Reflektor had not figured on my radar till Youtube popped it up in a suggested selection a few weeks ago and the black and white picture of an industrial scene with metallic shutter, warehouses, and military truck meant I just had to play that video. And wow, is it good. That was it - I had to have the album and I immediately hit a problem because I didn't like two of the tracks - Here Comes The Night; and Flashbulb eyes. But this completely changed round because of some live performances I watched where I found that the glamorously sexy Regine Chassagne played the steel drums; and the saxophone parts are like bits of silken music enriching the rest of the song. And I love how Here Comes The Night starts fast, slows down, starts fast and slows down again. Reflektor does this a bit too, and Flashbulb Eyes has so much Reggae in it, it's brilliant and just a funny lighthearted song. All my kids love the album, my friends too. Oh - for the live performances, one of the best on YouTube is Arcade Fire at the Northside Festival in 2014 - a full unmixed version. If you're wavering over the album watch that and find your fingers automatically pressing the buy button! A very addictive album. I love them.
on 26 December 2014
When I first heard this album I didn't think it was as strong as their early albums such as Neon Bible but after repeated listenings the album has really grown on me and become one of my favourite albums. Disc 1 has a number of excellent tracks on it and is the stronger of the two discs. This album could probably have been slimmed down to an excellent single album - as it is there are a few filler tracks on the album.

Overall though I still rate this album and would definitely recommend it.
on 6 October 2014
Some excellent songs on this album, but also a fair amount of what sounds a lot like lift music! Also why is the album split between 2 CDs? I bought it to play in the car and it is irritating to have to switch CDs midway through. Personally I'd recommend buying this album as a digital download, and not bothering with Here Comes The Night Time II and Supersymmetry.
on 7 June 2015
This band goes from strength to strength, and the fear that the next album won't live up to its predecessors is never realised. The Arcade Fire sound is unmistakable and there's even more to it with Reflektor - it's powerful stuff. Crisp, confident sound. Original songs that get your attention and demand they're played again and again...even louder each time.
on 22 December 2014
No modern band since Radiohead has produced for five-star albums in a row as far as I'm concerned. A move Away from The Suburbs to a more techno kind of music and Arcade Fire manages to entertain us for the full 70+ minutes.
on 25 September 2015
Bit of a weird one for me this ! I listened to it - I liked it - I bought it ! I gave it four stars because it's not quite me but perhaps it's a five star item _ check it out !
on 25 October 2017
Abandon23 Gold Seal of Approval. Received safe & Sound. Many thanks!
on 6 October 2017
love it
on 21 September 2015
Just great value. I have their Suburban album, and I think this is more than competition for matching the two. RDR
on 16 December 2014
Absolutely brilliant! Got to be their best since Funeral. Some really leftfield songs but proves once again the sheer genius of James Murphy. A must have for all fans of the band and anyone who likes their dance music, too!