on 19 April 2014
There's been a lot of hype about this album and for the most part it is deserved. Disc 1 is great. It's full of invigorating, interstellar dance songs.
I particularly love We Exist. I stood out in the back garden one night listening to it and the sky was full of stars - it was a very memorable listening experience!

I found disc 2 pretty boring to be honest. It feels like an album of B-sides. But I will give it another chance in the future.

The album art is great too! It's been a while since I've appreciated new album art. It's a dying art! Everything from the reflective surface to the use of the K in Reflektor. I realised the K is like a mirror with a beam of light reflecting off it. Nice touch!
on 9 February 2014
I've only had this album for a few days but I'm starting to really like it even thought I was worried that I might not. An added bonus is that ( at least to my ears ) it's not as religiously lo-fi as the first three albums. Lots of nice songs, and James Murphy's input certainly adds something to the whole.

However, one think stops me giving this five stars, and that's the decision to split it into two 35-minute CDs rather than simply amputating five minutes of pointless electronic onanism from the end of "Supersymmetry." If I wanted to get up and change discs halfway through an album I'd buy vinyl ! Perhaps Win and Regine are getting a little too far up themselves ? I can't help thinking this was done for "art" rather than for musical reasons. Oh, and the sleeve is rubbish - like a vinyl double album ( Ummagumma ? ) but with no protective sleeves to keep the discs in. Still, it doesn't detract from the music !
on 3 April 2014
Ok, the core of the album is solid, it's just a matter of compiling your perfect reflektion of a Reflektor! Here's mine:

1. Reflektor (10/10)
2. We Exist (10/10)
3. Flashbulb Eyes (10/10)
4. Here Comes The Night Time (9/10)
5. Normal Person (8/10)
6. Already Know (10/10)
7. Joan Of Arc (9/10)
8. Here Comes The Night Time II (8/10)
9. Awful Sound (Oh Eurydice) (9/10)
10. Supersymmetry (8/10)

So that makes my great album.
on 13 November 2013
I'll keep this succinct. I have three of the four arcade fire albums and each is just a little different sounding but retains that sound they have created and that I have grown to like. I bought this based on others reviews and would agree it takes a few listens. immediate standout track for me was afterlife but a few other good'uns in there too
on 5 November 2013
After last album I wondered if they could keep it fresh-they did it again! An album-not a collection of individual songs-just like they used to make albums years ago! Just a fiver to download-music bargain of the year so far...
2 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2014
beyond the disc is musically perfect, the finish of the vinyl is fantastic. we listen on vinyl Reflektor with much pleasure. congratulations to Canadian band for the brilliant work. and thank you to the seller for excellent service and shipping, with luck, arrived right on time.
on 9 December 2013
Another quality album from this talented group the fourth album I have bought, the last one was that good didn't think they could do another to the same standard until reflector came along.
Willie
on 18 January 2014
Yet another great album from Arcade Fire. I prefer my MP3 version because it runs as a single album to the two CDs .... the CD with Afterlife is a bit of a "staple" in the car.
on 25 November 2013
No surprise that AF do it again win another great album. I don't find as many of the songs are as well constructed as the suburbs or the previous two, particularly the half-hearted guitar riff on 'normal person' that doesn't Bend on the fifth note where it's blatantly meant to. However, there are loads of great songs with that classic arcade fire taste to them, so I couldn't give any less than 5stars

! Took a while to come but that was to be expected from a US shipping
on 29 November 2013
In this work this excellent band develops the musical path and arrives near the dancey world (thanks to James Murphy): but the contact is more surprising and less expected than everybody can imagine.