on 27 June 2017
Amusing read. A laugh if anything. Good if you only want the thrill of dating and are looking to be ahead in mind games. If you want anything of real substance then please, don't waste your money. It's for kids. Serial daters. Innuendo texting and war of wits will keep you a dater. I read it all in 30 mins and I took less time chucking it in the trash.
on 9 April 2017
I tried some of these power texts on my male friends and it never took long for them to reply. So buy this book before its too late.
on 12 September 2014
Funny read :) a bit too short but good tips anyway....work very well ;)
on 8 February 2015
Good advice definitely worth a read.
on 25 September 2016
I found this book really useful and not only for dating and intimate communication but also for texting with friends. It's a cheap little book but that's all it needs to be and even if it doesn't have time to cover men types more than generally, or if the text examples are a bit vulgar sometimes, broadly, the advice is still valid for everyone. I hadn't given thought previously To the fact that texting has a dynamic that's totally different from the more genuine communication of phonecalls, letters and even emails. Texting is more binary. You get it right or completely wrong. It's not where you can let you mind meander and be totally sweet, clever and natural and expect to make an impression and get the same in return. No, in reality, you can really turn someone off unwittingly and irretrievably with bad texts when the same things said face to face would have been perfectly good. It's not about being fake and putting on a show, it's about learning a new game. Texting is more about teasing, banter and convenience which is why length, content, intent and rhythm is all important. It's about pushing the right buttons. I hadn't previously categorised them but i recognised all of my errors and successes all clearly outlined in the book - cringe! - Double texting, long boring texts with three stories and nothing to respond to, inspired teases that triggered long banter killed dead by one boring line, and so on - It was a small epiphany as i will never make these mistakes again and will enjoy texting much more in the process and also stop chewing my brain with self doubt. Really worth it
on 16 June 2015
Nonsence but fun
on 6 July 2015
Small amount of good advice, but a lot of what's suggested is not appropriate
on 7 August 2015
But you don't REALLY need a book to tell you all that. Well maybe, some ladies do, it's basicalky: don't chatt but text, if no reply, leave it at that, don't do the "how's it going?" Thing but ask something a little more specific "how did ur job interview go?" "Did ur sister like her birthday present, u've got?" Something to make him answer more likely. Show interest but not infatuation, drop lines hinting that u too have a social life, men are more likely to reply to a cheerful texter, don't make urself sound bored, frustated ect. Remember u can't recover ur txt, once u pressed the send button. That's the book in a pillbox.
on 5 August 2014
I quite like the style of this but really feel it was aimed at a young market. I'm middle aged and trying to have a distance relationship with an intelligent, busy man so texting is a big part of our communication. I felt this was a little basic and I tried one suggestion and didn't even get it acknowledged! Not sure it's going to help me. Still things going well anyway!
on 2 January 2014
I read this book recently and even though I thought I knew a lot about how to text guys-I learnt something from this. I've had instances where guys have texted me and their texts have been boring and the conversation dies... I've done the same myself. However, reading this book made me realise the importance of engaging the guy, creating tension and being playful so that he will respond! The author provides some useful examples throughout and has certainly inspired me to think more about what I'll write and how to write it when I want to engage and maintain a 'textual' conversation with a man. Well worth a read!