on 8 April 2014
Characters are immediately real people with real lives and I so wanted to find out everything about them that I couldn't put the book down!
Jill Mansell has a wonderful way of making you shed a tear with one sentence then howling with laugh-out-loud laughter with the next 'matter of fact' statement!
Such colourful characters, all with their own insecurities and bravado - so much going on but never once do you forget who is who in this lovely story.
I devoured it and felt very satisfied!
on 2 July 2014
Another book so difficult to put down. So easy to become enthralled and feel immersed amongst the characters. Oh! Well back to reality
on 1 April 2014
Borrowed from my local library.

Unfortunately is was very predictable. The book needed more than twists, more surprises, but I could see how the book would pan out from the first few chapters. Give us something new, Jill!
on 3 July 2014
As ever a quality summer read. Funny, adorable , fantastic setting who wouldn't fall in love . Did not want it to end.
on 20 April 2014
This book had lots of different characters, Sophie had been affected by a bad experience, but love found a way through.
There are romances between old and young couples in this book , I loved the diversity of the characters. Really girly read not too deep
you will enjoy very much and be eager to keep reading until the end. The setting in Cornwall played a lovely part of the atmosphere.
Really enjoyable girly read.
on 7 July 2014
Nice light hearted read. Exciting twists and turns to keep me glued.great for my beach time. Ready to read another
on 29 June 2014
I love the characters, the story lines, they make me laugh and cry. I always look forward to the next book.
on 24 August 2015
This was a lovely book- set in Cornwall which is always a winner for me. It follows some 'troubled' souls denying themselves new relationships that would seem perfect for them. We see how their past lives have affected their reluctance to allow themselves to fall in love again. Two leading men, two young females who are best friends and a smattering of older characters blend to make a very warming story.
on 28 July 2014
I read this book on holiday and did enjoy it as I do all Jill Mansell's novels but it really should have been called 'The predictable consequences of love' as you knew just from reading the description who was going to end up with who. This is the norm with Jill's books and does spoil things a little hence the four star rating and not five. Please Jill, next time give us an ending that keeps us guessing!
on 20 February 2014
I love Jill Mansell and have read all her books and am always eagerly awaiting new ones from her. I was still in the middle of another book when this was released so couldn't wait to get started on it. Once again Jill Mansell manages to draw you in and get you completely lost in the characters and story lines. I loved it and didn't want it to end. Well done to Jill for writing another enjoyable book!