Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£8.99

on 23 March 2016
This is a great cookbook, much better than the express one. They had a lot of creative recipes but as I said on my review of the express version of this book is that this is not authentic Lebanese and for that I would recommend looking elsewhere. There are some authentic recipes but what makes this great is that there are other versions of the authentic recipes in here. I took away a star as i was looking forward to a couple of recipes that I had eaten at their restaurant and they weren't in the books which was disappointing. I included 1 of the contents pages to show what kind of recipes you will be getting. You do get much more in this book than the express book.
review image
on 23 April 2017
Clear recipe and pictures, but somehow there doesn't seem to be that much content for a fairly large book. I feel as though more could have been packed in. Having said that, all the recipes I have tried have been delicious and ingredients not difficult to buy.
on 23 November 2016
I think this is a classic example of a restaurant trying to transfer their commercial kitchen recipes into a book aimed at a domestic market and not getting it quite right. Some of the ingredient ratios were not good and the balance of flavours left a lot to be desired. The food of this region is fabulous but this is not the book if you want to recreate it. There are much better books out there.
on 29 May 2015
I first tried the restaurant in Gatwick Airport. Brilliant food and service. Then I discovered this book.
This is a wonderful book. I have cooked several meals of which all have been delicious! In particular Moussaka with Tahini,Spice Fried Potatoes, Rakakat with Sumac and Chicken and the delicious Rice with Vermicelli. And of course Falafel!
I shall purchase the Comptoir Express once I have cooked a few more things from here!
on 11 June 2016
My husband and I eat at the restaurant whenever we can but to be able to make dishes at home that are just as amazing as the food (well I wish I could cook that well) that we eat there. As well as having some of the dishes available at the restaurants it has so many amazing dishes to try! The only problem you will have is deciding which dish to make first!
on 13 August 2015
I'm quite a fan of the Comptoir Libanais food- it's is fresh, bursting with flavour and healthy. After yet another satisfying meal at their restaurant in Heathrow Airport, I decided to get the book to recreate the meals at home. I'm so glad I did! The book looks fab and the recipes are very easy to follow.
on 21 December 2014
What an amazing cookbook. We love Lebanese food but thought it was complicated to make at home, but we were wrong. Simple recipes, easy to follow, very impressed with this cookbook. We even had a lebanese dinner party using recipes from this book and it was a great success. Highly recommended.
on 23 June 2017
Bought for my wife, we've never eaten so well! Very happy
on 26 June 2017
Easy to follow, great tasting food. Fresh and tasty.
on 10 February 2016
Like the restaurants, we absolutely love this cookbook. Great photos, easy to follow recipes and they are all delicious!