Customer reviews

on 5 July 2015
I ordered 7 of these. I was building Raspberry Pi devices that needed them, a few each week. 3 out of 7 were bad, which is a terrible failure rate. One got so hot it burnt my fingers when I went to remove it and it fell apart. One of the others also got very hot. A third got warm and kept dropping off the WiFi network. I went to return them only to find the 30 day window was up. Lesson learnt, if you're buying a batch soak test them as soon as you get them!
review image
on 21 March 2015
Does the job, works with PI 2 although despite what previous comments say. I used it with Openelec and OSMC Kodi releases.
Tried to watch a full hd blu-ray quality movie streamed from my NAS and could not get to work properly, utterly stuttering. Transfer rate is really, really slow with that device. With the edimax device i had before i could stream a HD movie with no trouble.

Lost hours trying to understand where the stuttering came from...Buy cheap, Buy twice...
on 11 July 2017
Product states that it is based on a Ralink 5370 Chipset, but the one I was sent is based on the Ralink 2870 Chipset.
It might work on Pi, but not on my Linux build.
(Hardware ID is taken from a Windows machine: Left image is this device, right image is a known working adapter)
review image review image
on 2 November 2015
Excellent item. Bought to use with my original model B pi and it worked straight out of the box. I plugged it in and followed the instructions and I was away. Makes the pi so much more usable as it isn't shackled to the router. Mine is now hosting my home automation server, mail server, cctv controller, and music streamer.
on 23 November 2016
I bought this for my Raspberry Pi and it works well. The router was upstairs and there was still a good connection. Item was shipped in a small bag. Had this for 2 years and still works well.Item is as described.
Took a bit of configuring to get it going, but worked well once it did.
I no longer have the Pi but this was a great little receiver that seemed quite stable.

Worth a shot.
on 19 July 2017
Works very well without needing extra drivers from most of the Pi OS I've tested
on 21 September 2017
couldn't get it to work on Raspberry Pi but used it elsewhere and it was fine
on 12 March 2017
Works perfectly.
on 10 May 2017
great speeds and just insert and go. Use it on my main PC after my wireless card died. Works a treat and seller sent it fast! - Would buy again