on 3 January 2017
Really comfy and can be worn for extended periods of time, the mic is clear after fiddling about with the settings on the computer. Light is nice but I find it distracting as I can see the glow in my peripheral vision. Sound is good out of them, I am not an audiophile so I wouldn't be able to tell you about the lows and mid tones etc, I just know I enjoy to use them as part of my gaming experience.
on 23 September 2017
after buying 2-3 other cheaper USB headsets with mic (some that were falsely advertised as USB) - I am very happy with this purchase!! It looks, feels and more importantly sounds brilliant! The mic is high quality

My only recommendation would be to make the light switch a manual one rather than a digital one. I don't really need the light but I have to keep switching it off as it turns back off (after a computer reboot?) and also my laptop has always-on USB so this is a bit of a pain
on 8 March 2017
I bought a very similar headset from the same seller about a year and a half ago, to replace the same product that eventually refused to work. When I received the product, it did not resemble the headset pictured and appeared to be a different model(I've experienced this before from third-party vendors selling 'gaming headsets'). Nevertheless, I've been using them ever since and at the time couldn't fault the sound quality and the microphone quality still seems bearable enough for my frequent Skyping. The cord is long enough to wander around the room whilst plugged in and also has a fabric covering for protection.

After this time however, I've noticed that the sound becomes watery and distorted, requiring that I plug them in again. The LEDs don't seem to know if they're constant or blinking, as they do neither consistently and often continue to blink even after you turn them off. The foam within the headband has begun to escape the plastic casing, but is otherwise still very comfortable. A small plastic piece fell out of the headband some time ago, which prevents the 'size' from locking correctly, which is now fastened by tying a hairband around it.

I have noticed a number of headsets very similar to these sold by third-party vendors on Amazon and suspect they are generic cheap electronics that are bought in and painted or made-up to resemble higher quality products from recognised brands. I encourage buyers to return items that do not resemble those pictured, because you likely won't get the quality you're hoping for.
on 18 September 2016
Please bare in mind that I haven't owned much decent pairs of headphones, this is probably the best pair I've ever owned.

Pros:
- Nice sounding
- Comfortable
- Good for the price
- Can easily adjust volume with a controller on the cable
- Long, braided cable
- Has 7.1 Dolby surround sound which is awesome

Cons:
- Microphone doesn't work (but I'm not regarding that in the rating as I'm not using it)
- I've not noticed anything too special about the bass, unlike what was claimed (it's probably just me)
- You can't turn off the lights at the side, although I've had no problems with it
- When adjusting the height on the headphones, it's pretty loud and isn't too smooth.

I'd like to establish, I only brought this for the headphones, not the microphone - so the review is not influenced by the mic.

If you are getting this for the headphones and microphone, don't - look elsewhere, it doesn't even work on my pair, but I don't care as I have a separate. However, if you're willing to get a microphone separately, you'll be happy with these headphones.

I use these headphones as my daily drivers - I game, listen to music, speak to friends (using a separate mic). I am really happy with the surround sound for my gaming, and these headphones do me well. I've used them for a bit over a month and I have no regrets.

16/07/17:

I order these headphones on about August 16th, and they're great! They're still working, the only problem is sometimes the headphones will make a static sound, but I have to replug my headphones to fix it, but it doesn't really happen anymore. I've dropped them a few times and the only issue is the foam is coming out from one of the headphone cups, but it's been this way for a while and it's working fine.I would certainly recommend these.
on 19 February 2017
Those are my first on ear headphones I can honestly say that they may as well be the last. They're comfortable, sturdy and pretty. You can regulate their size, so you shouldn't have a problem with adjusting it for your head. They sit comfortably on head and ears and cancel noise out really well. Wire is quite long, 2 metres is usually more than enough and it is nice to have some spare length, wire is of very good quality. There's a set of four buttons on the wire, volume up and down, microphone on/off and LED on/off. Microphone quality is amazing and I cannot recommend it enough. Sound it produces is very clear, loud and crisp. Audio quality is also very good, even on higher volumes. It comes with a driver on a CD and although they work without it, I recommend to install it, make audio quality better.

The price they are offered in, it is a bargain and you should get them if you haven't already.
on 19 January 2017
Brought this headset as a replacement for a Turtle beach xbox 360 headset I was using on my pc and its great, I was a bit skeptical at first and after plugging it in turned the volume up on the inline controls so that I'd be able to hear it turns out that wasn't needed as they are loud enough even at low volume (win10 sound level is 15 and headset shows as 18).

The headset is very comfortable to wear even after a couple of hours it still feels nice not squashed and sore like others I've tried only thing I would suggest would be some air flow as my ears tend to get a bit warm after long periods.

The build quality is really good feels like decent strength plastic not something that's gonna snap while on your head, a word of advice though if your going to move the mic up or down whilst wearing hold the ear piece as you do it as it can vibrate across the headset.

The audio quality of both the headphones and the mic are really good, the mic is very clear and if you go into the settings for recording devices on windows you can even enable an option called magic voice which allows you to alter your voice to 1 of 4 settings (monster, cartoon, man, women) which is fun to mess around with when talking to friends.

The headset has lights in the outside both the headphones and the mic (both activated from inline controls) which are great for indicators to others in the room that you are listening to something and cant hear them or that you have your mic active and everyone can hear them, so no more kids embarrassed by their moms walking in and blurting out something embarrassing.
on 25 June 2017
I had the previous version of this headset and I liked it but the left side broke and so I had to have it taped. Finally decided to just replace it by buying a new one and see it's been upgraded to this one. I like this new version, I'm glad I can turn off the headset LED so I'm not sitting looking like a blinking traffic light and it's been made to be more comfortable on the head. As well as that it now works with Windows 10. Brilliant headset, no issues.
on 19 October 2015
If I were on Windows 8.1 then a 5* item. I use Windows 10 64 bit. I took hours trying to set these up. N the end Windows chose the Audio Endpoint drivers which fail. I chose generic for mic and speaker separately. Now it works, but not perfectly.

I needed these for speech recognition. It works for that. The sound quality is awesome even on generic drivers. The quality of the build is great, as in all Tecknet items. Comfy padding on the head and ears. The LED lights are nice and the remote works for volume and mic mute on/off.

If it were to come Win 10 64 bit compatible drivers there is no question I could give it a better review. But I did get them working in the end.
on 20 December 2014
I've been using the headset for 5 months now and have been very pleased with it. It's a very comfortable fit and the sound quality is great. I haven't had any complaints with the mic so far from people I've talked to.

Couple of things to note:
- As mentioned in other reviews, the ear cups aren't the tightest fit. This is actually perfect for me as I have a rather large head but anyone with a below average sized one might find the headset a bit loose.
- The speakers in the headset are very loud. I generally use it with the volume at around 2-10%, which sounds crazy but it's actually perfectly usable if you keep the volume at around that level. Just make sure you sort the volume out before you put it on for the first time!

Would have given it 5/5 if it wasn't for those two points. It's a very good quality headset for the price!
on 26 October 2017
I've owned this product for 3 years now and, after extensive use, it's still going strong. The material around the ear-cups(?) has only just started to wear, the sound is as crisp as ever and very impressive for the price. I have purchased numerous more expensive products, and none have managed to match the comfort or consistent sound quality of these bad boys, and believe me when I say I've spent too long putting these to the test