Customer reviews

The Last Ship (Super Deluxe)
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£11.99

on 1 December 2013
I have a certain partiality to Geordie accent, stories and locality. That's why I moved up here from London. I also spent some time working in a dockyard in Wallsend where Sting was born and brought up. So this CD was especially interesting to me. I particularly liked the songs "What Have We Got", "The Language of Birds" and "So To Speak" being very evocative of the area. And the title song "The Last Ship" especially so as I got to see the streets of Wallsend that back onto where the Swan Hunter ship building yards were and to relate to the idea of the ship gradually growing and blocking out the sunshine on the streets until it was launched and the street would be flooded with light and sunshine again!

Even if you have no affinity with Newcastle, you'll love this cd. I guarantee it!
on 11 May 2017
This is classic Sting jazziness mixed with bawdy sea shanties, constructed to tell the story of the decline of the great North East shipbuilding industry. I bought my own copy some time ago and loved it so much, I bought a new copy to give to a friend who is going through some hard times. This touching collection of musical stories is just the thing to put your own life in perspective. And you gotta love the Geordie accent!
on 4 April 2017
The first seven tracks on this album are great,Especially 'The Last Ship','Dead Man`s Boots','And Yet' & 'The Night The Pugilist Learned How To Dance'(that`s STING clever),The next six are so-so.In his autobiography STING wrote how he wanted to lose his Gordie accent well that came back to haunt him as on here when he attempts to sound like a Gordie you`ve gotta laugh,(thankfully it doesn`t happen much)....
on 2 February 2017
This is Sting's best album. Proof that when you write about what you know, the results are exemplary. I love every single track.
on 26 July 2017
A side of Sting you didn't think existed. I watched it on YouTube and then bought the DVD and the CD for my personal player. I think that the music show and the play would probably have and would be better received in Newcastle. You never know someone (Jimmy) may twist his arm for one or the other. ;-)
The Last Ship
on 27 April 2017
I saw this music on TV and it was great, so looked out for it on Amazon. Great!
on 26 January 2017
Excellent. We saw the stage show, one of the few sadly, and this brings back brilliant memories. Music great, lyrics wonderful and unusual departure for Sting but magnificently successful.
on 16 October 2017
very evocative
on 29 May 2017
Another completely different album from Sting. Love the songs.
on 7 April 2017