Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 10 September 2017
No matter how many times I watch this I still find something fresh in it. The acting is superb and the scenery glorious. In fact I am wring this review on my hotel balcony in Sicily, looking out on the beautiful town of Cefalu! We are only here because of Cinema Paradiso. Would thoroughly recommend this film. I am in tears every time I watch it.
on 15 May 2012
I went to see this film at the cinema when it first came out and was enchanted by it. I learned later that it had been cut substantially for cinema release and that the directors original vision had an extra 20 mins. I ordered this copy so that I could see these extra scenes and I'm so glad I did. They ad a depth to the story and complete the narrative in a touching and non-hackneyed way.

I didn't think my favourite film could get any better; I was wrong.
on 30 April 2017
Brilliant film, with great story line. Enjoyed especially because we had recently visited the part of sicily where it was filmed.
on 2 August 2017
This one belongs on the same shelf as La Nuit Americain - a fitting tribute to a dying industry. Philippe Noiret is always worth watching and the boy was first class also.
on 12 February 2015
It is a wonderful classic emotive powerful nice a very good movies and the music of ennio morricone is very magic and deeply unforgettable thanks guiseppe tornatore.the actor is beautiful
on 20 March 2017
I don't know what happened with the dvds that doesn't have subtitles in english. Mine have. And I am really glad that I bought this product because now I have all my questions answered. The full version is amazing. This movie is one of the bests that I have ever seen.
on 26 April 2017
25th Anniversary Blu-Ray Edition - picture and sound is great bit unfortunately (and unusually) the Director's Cut is not as powerful as the earlier release. One major change in the plot which is so unnecessary.
on 30 March 2017