on 24 March 2013
Works perfectly well. Good connection, and well made - although there are cheaper ones made just as well. So if you're looking for a quick replacement, this is for you; although if you have a bit of time, it might be worth searching for a cheaper alternative that does the same job.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 June 2017
The XO Toslink cable is a very nice quality cable indeed. The cable is thick, it is nicely braided and the gold connectors look very nice, although I'm not entirely convinced that gold connectors on an Optical cable serve any other purpose but look good.

Not really much you can say about a cable, but as cable go it ticks all of the boxes; excellent build quality, it looks good, excellent value and it works, what more could you ask for?
on 15 December 2016
This cable sorted out issues with our surround system like you would not believe, I no longer have to listen to my husband telling me he hates the surround sound, and how it gets on his wick having to switch this on and that off and swap that cable and do this and that just to listen to a movie in surround. All we have to do now is turn the box on and boom... surround sound and a stress free evening of movie entertainment (which we get to do like once a year ... the joys!)
on 18 April 2017
Very well made cables and well-protected with a quality sheathing and connector. I used these for connecting optical outputs from my XBOX to my soundbar and / or the Smart TV. The connectors are great, providing a firm connection and the quality of the sound is great. Can't say more than this, but a great product for a good price.
on 30 January 2017
Not impressed could not use it the plugs in the tv and sound bar were at different angles the lead will not rotate at all and keeps jumping out of the appliance so will be returning it
on 16 June 2012
I purchased one of these a few weeks ago to connect my Playstation 3 to my Yamaha Soundbar. Since then I've had to purchase an addition two. This time I needed one for to connect my Optical Switcher (has I'd ran out of free optical sockets on my Soundbar) to my Soundbar, and I needed the other for to connect my Apple TV to my Optical Switcher.

First off, make sure when you are connecting these leads (or any Optical leads for that matter) that you give them a firm push until you hear them click into place, if you don't hear the click, then there not connected properly, so push until you hear the click!

After reading the reviews on this lead and after been EXTREMELY satisfied with the same lead I'd got a few weeks previously, I had no hesitation in going back to HDCentral for another two.

For £5.45 for a 2 metre optical cable built to this quality, I found this an excellent price. The cable is of good thickness and the end parts of the lead, I was surprised to see that they are metal, a lot are only plastic, so with HDCentral's Optical Cable, it should last a while even if it get unplugged/plugged in a lot.

Don't believe all the hype of the stupidly priced Optical Cables for £50 and above that claim all sorts, and quote all the fancy materials used in manufacture and in doing so try to make you believe the quality will be different. Optical Cables either work or they don't work, has long as the light travels through it, it will work and sound the same as any expensive cable. Granted older analog leads such as such as Scart leads for example can differ in quality due to materials etc used in manufacture, but its not the case with Optical Leads.

To sum it up with my Pro's and Con's:

Pro's:

Very good price.

Excellent value for money.

Superb build quality and materials used in manufacture.

Excellent speedy service from HDCentral.

Con's:

Well there is none : )

If you are the kind of person who thinks spending £50 plus on an Optical Lead will give you better quality, then you are kidding yourself, do yourselves a favor and have an extra £45 or so in your pocket and get this lead XO Digital Optical Cable 2m / 2 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, Sky, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps .
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2017
The cable delivered the same day as promised by amazone.The first look really impressed me as it looks very good quality.But the both ends of the cable is not properly in into the golden colored ports and it's very difficult to connect into my music system and telivision optical ports as it rotates in the gold plated connection ports.Hope its work as intended to be......
on 20 February 2015
If there was a minus 10 i was going to do it. This "Ultra High Resolution Professional..." rubish destroyed my Q Acoustics - BT3 Wireless Hifi Speakers rear tosling receptacle and almost ripped off the rear of my 55 ' smart TV, BT3 cannot BE used any more for optical input. Tried to remove it due to my new tv stand replacement.
on 29 December 2014
Bought 2 of these. On 1 the jack falls apart if the device it is plugged into is moved.

The second is connected to a Samsung sound bar, the jack doesn't hold and falls out if the device is moved, this could be the socket on the device but there isn't a problem with other leads I have used.
on 17 February 2015
I've had intermittent sound with this after the first month or so. The same as everyone else: the cable is very stiff and unwieldy and pulls out of the back of my Apple TV (which is very light in comparison) so easily I've had to secure it with a rubber band. It still isn't working properly.