Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 21 June 2014
‘Kilimanjaro: Tips for the Top’ is an inspirational account of one writer’s quest to push herself to the limit and get the most out of life. Filled with fun facts about one of the highest peaks in the world, this book is a must-read for anyone wishing to partake on an incredible storybook-esque adventure.

What I liked most about this book was the prose. The writing was excellent: Sarah Williams employs a beautiful, conversational tone that ensures the readers are rooting for her every step of the climb. This book managed to be both entertaining and jam-packed with information. The various details about what to pack and English to Swahili translations added to the in-depth nature of this magical account. I was also enamoured by the sense of adventure that came with reading this book. Climbing a mountain in the dry heat of a far-away land is like something out of a fairytale; Williams fills her story with photographs and cultural details to bring her incredible journey to life.

I would recommend ‘Tips for the Top’ to anyone wishing to embark on the trek up to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. This book certainly doesn’t skimp on the details; providing a day by day account of the journey so that anyone willing to do the same trip will feel completely and utterly prepared. But I would also recommend it to anyone who wants to be inspired by the sheer strength of will of the author. This is truly a story of perseverance and strength of character. Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is no small feat – and the book acts as a tribute to this accomplishment. Strewn amongst the helpful tips and factual information is a story that will inspire even the laziest of couch-potatoes to get up off the sofa and make something of their lives.

‘Tips for the Top’ is a truly inspirational tale about the importance of setting goals and overcoming personal challenges. It is a thoroughly entertaining read that also serves to inform and encourage. Tip of the hat to Sarah Williams!
on 2 June 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book. I could relate to the author and was really inspired by what she wrote. I could imagine myself climbing Kili and reaching the top. If you are thinking of climbing Kilimanjaro. I would recommend you get this book.
on 20 July 2014
A friend recommended I get this book, as I was thinking about climbing Kilimanjaro. Really pleased to have read it, climbing Kili is something I will definitely do in the future. Really enjoyed reading about her trip, useful advise and some fun photos.
on 27 July 2014
This was a great book to read. This was a diary account of a young woman's journey up Kilimanjaro, it was so descriptive I almost felt I was there!

Looking forward to her next challenge and can't wait to read all about it!
on 22 August 2014
Having wanted to climb Kilimanjaro for some time. I picked this book up after a recommendation by a friend. I'm really pleased I did! It was a really enjoyable read, and it has definitely inspired me to go and climb Kilimanjaro.
on 15 October 2013
An easy read that gives a great insight to what is needed mentally as well as physically to get to the top of Kilimanjaro. It highlights the difficulties and gives practical advice on how to overcome them as well as encouragement if you can't! The addition of cheeky photos completes it-great memoir!
on 27 July 2014
Found this book very informative , some really useful tips. What a great adventure! A must for anyone thinking of taking on this challenge.
on 3 June 2014
I really enjoyed reading this account. I have always wanted to climb Kilimanjaro and this would be a big help to achieve my aim.
on 16 October 2013
Very entertaining and informative. Plenty of detail without being boring. It gave a good insight into the experience and would be a useful guide for anyone as crazy enough as Sarah who wanted to climb Kili.
on 30 September 2013
I thought it was excellent and it seemed to cover everything for going on this wonderful trip. In fact you felt as though you were with her all the way. Very good.