Format: DVD|Change

on 19 November 2013
With Christmas looming,you know there is going to be a new Top Gear DVD on offer,this time fronted by Jeremy and Richard,it serves up all the staples you would want and expect.A precession of exotic cars,Lamborghini,Ferrari,Bugatti,Pagani and Jaguar all get a look in,as,in typical loutish behaviour,the very gruesome twosome,set off on a road trip from Venice,across Italy and into France.Along the way serving up some insane challenges,and deranged races,not to mention some truly stunning scenery.

However there is a problem,at least with the DVD (cant comment on the Blu Ray as I didnt buy that version)the sound quality isnt that good.Its got a hollow,echoy quality to it,from start to finish.I tried it on several players,I normally watch things with the aid of a sound bar,I even turned that off and went back to the TVs speakers,but it didnt improve the quality.It doesnt spoil your enjoyment of the programme,but its a bit much that it was passed for release with such an obvious defect.Perhaps there was a slightly faulty batch,and I just happened to buy one,I intend to return it and get a replacement.I will post the results in the comments section when I do.
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2013
I was really looking forward to this dvd. I am a huge fan of the show, love the guys and always enjoy the challenges and races and trips they do. However this one left me a little bored to be honest. It was very samey over and over again just in different cars. The best bit of the whole thing is the race to st. Tropez. I'm not sure if James not being in it was the issue or not but all I know is that every other episode or dvd I cam watch again and again and this one I want to never see again. Defnitely worth a watch once if only for the race part but the rest is very disappointing.
on 31 March 2014
I found this very disappointing and frankly wasn't surprised that this programme didn't make it onto TV. The only highlights were the cars. The Ferrari F12 berlinetta was a particular highlight. Clarkson spent the whole time taking the mick out of Hammond and ruined most of the usual banter that passes for entertainment between them... and where was James May?
on 16 January 2015
This DVD was a Christmas gift for my two grandsons, who having been well enthused with the current volume of the same kind of Top Gear antics, were insistent on Father Christmas bringing them this earlier volume. Need I say more - they love it!
on 16 September 2014
I really loved this. It's just typical Top Gear (indeed, better than the TV show really) - with more emphasis on the cars themselves. Lots of great camera-work and some good laughs along the way.

If you like Top Gear you'll love this. The Blu Ray is stunning as well. Great picture.
on 21 December 2013
We ordered this product and it came in the time span it said it would and was well wrapped up and delivered in a good condition, as well as being good quality and good value for your money and as described on the product description. I would use this Amazon seller again and recommend them.
on 30 December 2013
we purchased this because my son is a great fan of top gear and spends many hours recording then re watching top gear he gets tremendous enjoyment from the antics of the top gear team this dvd has been brilliant and we recommend it to any top gear fans
on 27 January 2014
Top Gear one of our Favourite programmes, the DVD lived up to the standard, sorry James could not make it, the three together make for super entertainment, long may they reign, arrived in good time and order well packed
on 11 January 2014
Watched the DVD today and it was absolutely brilliant - "the boys" at their best, racing super cars. One for the men in your family. I'm female and a big fan of Top Gear. Was reasonably priced and well packaged.
on 28 March 2014
I found this very boring. I have to agree with the other reviewers who gave it one star. I have a number of other Top Gear DVD's but this is the first one I bought that has only two of the presenters in it. I only bought it as it said 'Never Seen on TV!'. I now know why. It's much better with the three presenters giving each other stick. This one didn't raise a giggle out of me.