on 22 March 2017
Not quite up to the standard of 'An Idiot Abroad' but great value anyway. Mind you, I wouldn't like to be his partner, Suzanne.

It's life I suppose, and I'm not moaning, but I was annoyed that the Disc with the 'extras' on was corrupted and wouldn't play
2 people found this helpful
on 25 February 2016
We enjoyed the moaning of life but did feel "An idiot abroad" was better. I think this I because in an idiot abroad he didn't get to choose the countries he visited usually they were countries least on his wish list. Having said that The moaning of Life was still very funny and enjoyable as typical to his character he had a lot to moan about of the countries visited. My favourite was with Warwick Davies who summed Karl up "it's like travelling with a spoilt child".
on 29 July 2014
Moaning has never been so funny. Here Karl looks at birth, weddings, death, money and vocation. He's brilliant because he not only sees things in different ways to other people, we can often agree with him no matter how miserable he puts it. This particular series has no sign of steve merchant or ricky gervais (yay), instead it is introduced by Karl himself. He makes the death episode hilarious. Death- funny?! yes he is that good. If you have never heard of him before then i won't bother giving scenarios from the show, just watch a trailer. This dvd is 5 episodes of about 40 mins each. As per usual there are bits that aren't quite so entertaining, but these are few and far between.
on 11 April 2015
Bought for my hubby (and me really) and still haven't managed to watch all of it. Karl Pilkington - we all know or have known someone like this, or at least I do. The fact that his glass is always half empty and moans about everything is just laughable in itself really. There are quite a few episodes in this DVD, but after watching about 4 or thereabouts, I gave up as I wanted to give him a slap. I will get around to watching the rest when there is nothing at all to watch on the telly
on 4 July 2015
Anyone who enjoys anything with Karl Pilkington in will most definitely enjoy the Moaning of Life. The genius of Karl is simply amazing and hilarious, even more so when you realise what he says has truth in it, and never gets old.
Even if you haven't experienced the greatness of Karl Pilkington I would highly recommend this to anyone, and beyond the simple brilliant nature of this series, the way it introduces Karl's' perspective on the series matters can even make you question what you think about them, that's how good it is.
on 17 January 2014
I bought this for the OH as a Christmas present and upon watching it, we were not disappointed. We watched all of the episodes in 2 days. I've also seen all of the Idiot Abroad series, and I have to say, that this was probably Karl's best adventure yet. He got into the spirit of the tasks a lot more, and although watching him complain about having to do things he doesn't want to in an Idiot Abroad is amusing, it was still hilarious and quite touching at points.

Buy this DVD - you won't be disappointed!
on 8 September 2014
What can I say about this that most arent already expecting? This is just plain, bog standard Karl Pilkington, exactly what you were expecting. I was a huge fan of "An Idiot Abroad", and after a slightly disappointing third season it is great to get another fantastic series focusing on Karl and his travels. If you liked "An Idiot Abroad" then you will not be disappointed. 5*
on 2 June 2015
As always Karl Pilkington has me laughing. This is a hilarious and funnily enough sometimes accurate view on the meaning of life, but of course with Karl Pilkington it will come across as moaning. This is a great laugh and i highly recommend you buy it, of course the superb image quality of Blu Ray is great as well.
on 1 May 2014
Fairly funny throughout, the scene with Karl fake mourning his not so dead dad is worth the price alone. He is definitely better on his own without gervais and co.

Just a small hint of acting up to the camera though and a couple of times i guessed his next move or line so tiny hints of scripted material creeping in.
One person found this helpful
on 16 March 2017
Great fun to watch, he has a way of thinking that is quite different
One person found this helpful