Customer reviews

Old Souls
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 12 May 2015
Have had this album in my car on repeat for weeks and I haven't even begun to get tired of it. I loved Deaf Havana's last album but this really is a step up. Easily one of my favourite albums... from any band.

Not only are the songs great in themselves, but the lyrics are such masterpieces that you can't help but be caught up in them. Not enough bands focus on the quality of lyrics nowadays, but with Deaf Havana you really feel the meaning behind them.

Personally, Night Drives is not only my favourite song on the album, but my second favourite DH song of all time (Hunstanton Pier still reigns supreme. "In my heeaaart and in myyy soouuulll....")

So in other words, if you love Deaf Havana, you will love this album... and you can't help but love Deaf Havana.. so really you can't help but love this album.
on 25 September 2017
I believe it started when Deaf Havana released the alternative versions of the tracks on Fools and Worthless Liars. That made me see Deaf Havana in a new light, and thought would could be. Then when Old Souls came out, it was like they had moved forward again, great tunes, heartfelt lyrics and songs you just play again and again. This album
Is just so brilliant, buy it, you won't regret it! (Also when you buy this and live it, I urge you..... please buy All these Countless Nights, their latest album. Well 2017, in case you're reading this and they have a new album or two out :) .
on 1 April 2017
Sorry to say that this the newest album from Deaf Havana, in my opinion is too easily forgettable, I played it once and haven't played it again since. They're also so much better live than on record. However the product came on time and was in the condition it said it would be.
on 23 March 2017
Brilliant album. Not one of the louder by Deaf Havana, but good fun still. This album did get me into listening to them.
on 8 September 2014
awesome toonage - though one cant help thinking that for a band so young they aren't half fighting their demons.... ah rock'n'roll.... die young die pretty (from an old rocker who is neither dead nor pretty)
on 22 April 2017
Best album from a relatively new band I have heard in years.
on 30 October 2014
Brilliant group .
on 17 September 2013
This album is, in my opinion, another success for the British band. While at the moment I still prefer 'Fools and worthless liars', Old souls definitely has some exceptional tracks and has been enjoyed upon every listen while it has been on repeat since it was purchased. Looking forward to seeing the tracks performed live in October.
on 17 February 2017
I listened to this on Spotify and thought, "Here we have the next Killers!" and went out to buy the album a few days later.

When I put it on subsequently, I couldn't for the life of me see what I had liked about it. It's very cheesy rock, verging on emo. I laughed my head off at some of the overly-sincere lyrics on Everybody's Dancing and I Want To Die.

It's certainly energetic, and I imagine that live they're quite good fun, but I've tried listening through the album several times and can't get past the cheesy silliness. Sorry.
on 16 September 2013
make no mistake, this is a good album with some really good songs, the band are clearly a talented lot and the 2 new guys that have joined the band since the last album have added a new dimension, it's well worth a listen thats for sure

BUT

this is a band that was looking like the next big thing, four young lads who were making powerful choruses, meaningful lyrics and some amazing acoustic versions of their songs to boot. I was hoping this would be the album that would make them, where they would step forward into the mainstream light without losing what made them establish such a strong core fanbase. It didnt happen, despite some great songs on the album (Everybody's Dancing and I Want To Die/Night Drives) it is, in my opinion, just about level with FAWL's.

A great album no doubt, but not quite the follow-up album a lot were expecting