on 19 November 2013
Although I enjoyed both of these books, they were both exceptionally short .. no sooner have you got into the story and the characters than you were out the other side. I bought this as I had read the other Billionaire stories, but will be wary next time when it comes as a double package.
on 3 November 2013
I loved both books. I have read all of Cali's but hadn't heard of JS Scott. Both books are about hardened men who life hasn't been good to. Cali didn't disappoint with this book a part of her Mermaid isle series. It is based just before Christmas when Chloe knocks on his door to pick up something Aidan has made. The attraction is there but Aidan fights as he has a lot of guilt from his past but true love conquers all at the end. Looking forward to the next instalment ๐Ÿ˜€ JS Scott is a new author to me but I will be downloading her other books. This book was about Emily being swindled at Christmas and going to the bad boy millionaire for help and where she helps him as much as he helps her and you get your happy ending ๐Ÿ˜€
on 7 July 2014
Fall fast fall hard fall first. I wanna know where all the billionaire s go when you want one. No where near me obviously. Thanks I feel so inadequate now. Too many beautiful people for my liking and my dad said I was at the back of the queue when God handed out brains and beauty. So I'm forever Cinderella so what I'll just continue to read about it in these short stories and dream of what might have been. Sigh.
Anyone reading my reviews of JS Scott's books will know that I am a major fan of her tales, both long and short. This tale does not disappoint, as it contains all of those things that the author does so well, packaged in a short, feel-good story.

Grady pretty much hates Xmas, due to events from his childhood, and he's set on being alone for the holiday (possibly with the company of a paid-for companion, courtesy of his brother, Evan) until his first sight of Emily triggers his obsessive tendencies...and JSS's trademark shades of Simon, Sam and Max begin to emerge in him. Grady is rich, handsome, grouchy and a loner, but the very ordinary Emily takes him out of his shell and rocks his world. Of course, it's an Xmas tale, so it takes place over a very short period, but it is a JSS tale, so we do get hot, steamy, sensual love scenes, an actual story line, and a romance that is believable and that ends in the start of a HEA.

Grady's tale introduces The Sinclairs, a reclusive family who will feature in several tales to come, connected to JSS's Billionaire's Obsession series - YEAH!!!!!!!

Cali Mackay is an unknown author to me, whose book is also set over a few days pre-Xmas, and which seems to be part of her Mermaid Isles series. Her lead, Aidan, isn't quite as grouchy as Grady, but he is a loner and hates Xmas, because of a past tragedy. When Chloe ends up stranded with him due to the weather, his barriers come crashing down big time, and he begins to live again...Again, this tale ends with the start of a HEA, so another feel-good story.

Disclaimer: I am a beta-reader for JS Scott, but this review is entirely my own. No money was offered or requested for this review; and as you can see, I've purchased my own copy of the book.
on 31 May 2014
Lovely little story, lonely Grady meets the lovely Emily, their story is a sweet read, Grady asking Emily to show him how to enjoy Christmas,as he never has, she has to move in with him for two weeks over Christmas, in return he will make a donation to the youth centre so the kids can have a great Christmas, both of them have issues to deal with, is there a happy ending, read it and see!!!!!
on 14 May 2014
Modern romance with several in the series but could stand alone. I got the whole series (Cali Mackay A mermaid isle romance series) and also now just brought J S Scoot billionaire series, and it makes it a lot better knowing the characters before they get to their story
on 7 February 2014
Two great stories in this book. J.S Scott is up to her normal standard, of never letting you down. Cali Mackay - this is the first book I have read by her and I will be reading more. Both stories are full of romance great story line and good characters. Highly recommend this book.
on 6 November 2013
I am struggling to rate this as a three star. The first book was a really lovely Christmas romance, the second book was bad. I would rate the first book five stars and the second 1 :-(
Needless to say because I didn't enjoy the second book by Cali mackay I didn't read the sample chapters of her other book that were clagged on to the end.
on 7 November 2013
i loved this book, 2 books for the price of one by 2 awesome authors, first was J S Scotts book just magical how Emily and Grandy meet up and fall in love at first site, though not everything is straight forward to start with, Grandy hates christmas, everything about the season going back to his childhood, Emily LOVES christmas, Emily brings christmas to Grandy, shows him the magic of christmas. J S S cott is a new author to me but i will be reading more of her books.

book 2 is Cali Mackay book wow another great book from her, this book was a tear jerker, i hated Aidan one minute then loved him the next, Chloe is strong but also has her issues, but together they bring the best out of each other, they get their magical christmas, i LOVE this story had a happy ever after finish, i hope we get to her about Aidan and Chloe in others books,
Congratulations Cali and J.S a awesome book
on 10 December 2013
Liked this but each story is predictable. The hero is up for sex very quickly not like the real world. My husband is very happy with what i'm reading.