4,372

on 22 April 2011
I got my new iPad in the past two weeks and although it felt good without a case I wasnt happy to keep it that way. Many of the cases seem either cheap & nasty or don't give full coverage. Neither would be good enough to keep me happy. After much searching I came across the Snugg which seemed to tick all the boxes.

The outer case is a lovely leather finish but is rigid for protection. The inside is covered with a soft velvet finish to prevent scratches to the case. It is well shaped with holes and cut outs for both cameras and the home button. I can't see any need to ever remove it.

The front cover bends at a suitable place to allow the iPad to be used at a slant for typing or more upright for watching movies etc.
The finishing touch is the use of magnets to keep the case closed. This not only prevents having to use clips everywhere but it switches the display on and off in the same way that Apples Smart Cover does! I love hearing the click as it switches off when I closes the cover.

I am extremely pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to all iPad owners.
1010 comments| 920 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2012
I knew that the Snugg IPad 2 case wass a quality item because my colleague at school has one. I wanted a protective case that had a hand strap to allow me to walk around the classroom with it without fear of dropping it, and this fits the bill. The case is well made and the iPad slots in place very easily, held in place by a strong strip of Velcro. All of the cut-outs line up well and I'm very impressed with the overall construction. There are cheaper covers on the market, however, you are protecting an expensive electronic item so you will definitely benefit from paying that bit extra for piece of mind.

Finally, I opted for free delivery and the cover was delivered on time.
on 2 June 2011
I bought this with the same scepticism I buy all cases - no matter what I try and find out about a cover until I have it in my mucky paws I just won't know what it's like. The snugg case was simply superb and has some cool features!

The velcro keeps the iPad2 firmly in place when its propped uso the home button is always in the right place - every other case I have had allows it to slip

It wakes on the cover opening like the Apple case (and goes to sleep on closing)

The strap at the back means I can hold it in one hand - the Apple store cut silicon cases with a knife to achieve this :)

Don't waste your time with other cases and take my word for it. This is the best iPad2 case you can buy.
0Comment| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2015
I was very surprised at the elegance of this case - very well made and top, TOP quality material. I've attached some images for you guys to look at; some show the case taken out of the packaging and some are with my iPad inserted; I placed the guarantee card on top so you can see. This is how I unwrapped my parcel and the goodies within and I tried to get every angle and detail for you! I registered for my (snugg lifetime guarantee) simply send an email and that's it. I like the stitching it gives the case character and it has lots of lovely handy features like standing positions and sleep/wake function which saves battery life and turns the iPad on when you open it up. The packaging is just as well made and designed as the case itself! I love this sooo much and I hope you guys will too! :)
review image review image review image review image review image
on 20 June 2012
Nicely made case but if you use apps like Starwalk, Maps, Google Earth etc. then you will be told that there is magnetic interference nearby. Take the iPad out of the case and the warning goes away. It seems that the magnets that hold the case shut interfere with the compass in the iPad. I carefully removed these four magnets and the problem is solved. You can leave the magnet that turns the iPad on and off in place, however.
44 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2011
Super protective cover. Much more secure than Apple "front only" cover. Snug and you still get access to switches, cameras and charging plug.
on 26 June 2016
The materials seem of good quality. The design is disappointing though. The elasticated strap is in the interior where it's of no practical use. It feels awkward to carry this way because the screen is exposed and has to be gripped by the thumb. If it had been on the outside and able to wrap around the exterior, it would keep the ipad better protected and the case closed. There is only a weak magnet to keep the case closed and it is proving insufficient for purpose.

When propped open and upright (a different design is shown in pictures on this page at time of writing) the aforementioned strap sits directly under the base making the assembly wobbly. The lower angled open position is much better though it does mean turning the ipad 180 degrees about. The stylus ring is over the microphone. It is not elasticated so will not grip a stylus securely.
on 23 April 2012
This case offers great value for money,as well as giving excellent protection to the iPad you are also given automatic switch off when closing the case . Case came via royal mail day after ordering and I couldn't be more pleased with it.value for money worth the five stars ,if you are paying over £400 for the iPad this is superb protection.
on 30 May 2011
For the price this is an exceptionally good product. The quality seems faultless and the leather is of high standard. The design of the cover is good and it is easy to take the iPad out of the cover (important to me) if you don;t want to use this one all the time, I intend to use this cover when in business mode, I want to use the Apple Smart-cover for less formal use.
on 5 November 2014
Nice quality case, as theirs always are, but the iPad air 2 version covers the auto light sensor so you have to keep adjusting it yourself or its too dark to read as it thinks you are in a pitch black room all the time :(

Contacted them and they said auto brightness is a new iOS feature, it's not - it's always been there - and to switch it off. That just means that it's always too dark or too light unless you keep changing it.

December update
Ben at Snugg was in contact with me and they have altered the case with a cutout for the light sensor which they have mailed out to me to replace my original one. Now works fine, lovely case and I can only say the service from Snugg has been exemplary. They have really got it right.