• AM

AM
Format: MP3 Album|Change
Price:£7.99+ £4.49 shipping

on 19 March 2018
I ordered this item on vinyl as I absolutely loved listening to it on Spotify, and was really looking forward to adding to my collection of vinyl. However, the record was scratched on the final track of the first side and the second side was unplayable, and the actual record was warped. Amazon kindly replaced the album for me and the replacement arrived today. However the same issues persisted. The record was scratched and warped. It’s a shame as this is a great album and one of the Arctic Monkeys’ best. After looking at the reviews here it must just be a bad pressing. I’m going to be receiving a refund soon, and would recommend someone looking to buy this album exercise a bit of caution when ordering this in vinyl, you may have a turkey on your hands.
4 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2014
This albums thumps and grinds in swirl of rock and roll. The beats, the hooks, the bass-line catches you from the beginning on a rip-roaring ride. Lyrically this is an album filled with clever phrasing from a decidedly Northern and working class perspective, which explores those in-between relationship events, such as staying at a party in someone's house in the hope of getting off with them at the end of the night or phoning your loved one when you've had a few too many drinks. In this aspect the lyrics recall Pulp at their best, when the listener can identify with the thoughts and feelings of the narrator, and there is no trite cliche here. The melodies take you into unexpected corners and I often wondered how Alex Turner remembers all those words! I can't get those dirty riffs out of my head and I have been listening to this obsessively ever since I bought it. My only regret is having it on my wish list for months before I took the plunge. Buy it and buy it NOW!!!
One person found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 December 2017
Great rock/pop album. Easy to listen to. Really good sound. I am pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
on 21 October 2016
Great album and great quality vinyl!
One person found this helpful
on 9 January 2015
A longtime requested present. Sadly the album comes in the cardboard style case which doesn't protect well after multiple times of taking it out and putting it back. Why do they do this? ... anyway, overall a good album well received.
on 6 May 2014
A dark and moody masterpiece by the Arctic Monkeys, packed full of memorable set pieces that could all stand on their own as singles. One of those rare albums that has instant appeal and yet continues to reveal more and grow with subsequent listens. Definitely falls into the category All Killer, No Filler!
on 15 January 2018
Brilliant CD!
on 8 January 2018
great
on 6 April 2014
The cd's in my car. The digital copy is on my tablet and phone. And the tracks are in my head even when I'm not listening to it! Awesome tunes. Brilliant lyrics. Stylishly delivered. Best track? For me - Snap out of it. I only wish I could.
on 19 January 2017
Great lyrics as usual from the Arctic Monkeys, the tracks individually are really good but as a whole album it is repetitive sounding & becomes boring. Seriously there is very little variation in the way each track sounds.The album is like listening to one really long song.