on 7 January 2014
Spent my Christmas gift money on this Katie Melua album, and what a great choice ! I have a fair few of her CD's now and have heard her perform live at Hampton Court Palace Summer Festival in 2012 - she is consistently good. This new album is no exception with her crystal cut diction and succinct sublime songs, all of which are brilliant, my very favourite is 'I Will Be There'. I agree with other reviewers, in so much as the fade out should be longer (after all you can't have too much of a good thing), and not having heard the full version with orchestra's final note, one can only imagine how divine this would sound.

Can highly recommend, if you are wondering how to best spend your Christmas money.
8 people found this helpful
on 10 October 2014
Had not purchased any recent stuff from Katie because I thought she had lost an edge or true distinction of what she wrote and would sing about!
This is a slow burner, it needs more than a few listens to begin to truly appreciate what is going on!
Stick with it because it does prove her calibre as a song writer and as a singer. Each song begins to have its own character so the listener begins to hear the more than what they may think is a sameness to previous material!
The last track is my favourite because i was humming the hook line after the first play and this really encouraged me to listen the album in parts as opposed to hearing it all complete! It was this approach that made me ponder and alter my first impression!
It is worth more that a few plays
on 27 April 2014
When I purchased Ketevan I already had 3 of Katie's albums. Listening to Katie on a good sound system really emphasises the wonderful clear and relaxing voice she has. One concern I had was that this would be a little too similar to her previous albums. In some ways the album has its own style with some great tracks. However, I can't help wondering if I would have rated this album a 5 if it was the first Katie album I had purchased.

The bottom line is that is you are new to Katie Melua you will NOT be disappointed with this. My favourite album purchase over the last couple of years is Norah Jones 'Little Broken Hearts' - an album that is superb and maybe sets the standard for this sort of music. I'll always return and listen to the many lovely Katie Melua albums, and this album is maybe her best yet.
on 2 July 2014
........a wonderful collection of songs, must admit it took me a while to fully apreciate this albums collection but now this is a favourite CD and I would not be without it !

Have purchased an additional 3 now, todate, and sent them as presents to friends for their enjoyment, something I have never ever done before!

I hope you purchase this latest album from Katie Melua and find the same enjoyment in it as I have,.....hood down in the old MX5, warm wind in your hair and this compelation bouncing from the speakers !!!!
on 28 February 2014
I have to say this is probably one of Katies best albums. As you would expect some songs are better than others, and of course that is all down to personal preference, but I particularly like 'Sailing Ships from Heaven', 'Where does the Ocean go?' and 'Mad, Mad, Men'
If you are already a fan, then I'm sure you will find something on this album that you like.
If you are not yet a fan, then start here.
on 4 June 2018
It's typical Katie Melua! What's not to like about this cd! Not my all time favorite but good nevertheless.
on 18 October 2013
Wasn't sure after the first play but now I suspect there's a danger that the laser in the CD player will be burning through the disc! Some great tracks written by Mike Batt, beautifully presented by Katie. I just can't get enough of the CD at the moment
4 people found this helpful
on 8 October 2013
Katie has a beautiful voice, and the songs are all written to perfectly showcase this, which a departure from previous albums which are dotted with covers from other artists. The one gripe I have is with the recording; the backing music sometimes overpowers her lovely voice. The one track I am most upset with is "Love is a Silent Thief", which I first heard on Sunday Brunch (tv), a wonderfully haunting song, simply backed, allowing her voice to shine through. It sent shivers and I bought the album based on that song alone. My disappointment when the albums version swamps the melodic tones of her voice is considerable. Hence only 4 stars.
on 17 October 2013
I have all Katie Melua's, music that she has done to date & love all of it.
though each time I listen to her new music, I am not very impressed at 1st.
they just keep growing on me, until I love them.
probably because her music is evolving.
& I expect the music to be the same as before, my bad.
my expectations don't appear to be satisfied.
but listening to them a few times without comparing to her previous songs.
& I am hooked.
Katie, keep up your excellent work.
I am looking forward, to your next album :)
on 1 October 2017
Lovely voice and very easy on the ear. Another good album from Katie.