on 1 December 2013
I have always remarked, when listening to one of Tony Blackburn's soul programmes that he has got exactly the same record collection as me. When I heard this was out, I just bought it as I knew what to expect I was not disappointed. If anything, this was better than expected. A compilation with no 'naff filler' tracks.

That said, I did feel that Tony's choice of some artists could have been better but, each to his own. My favourite band of all time is Maze so I was pleased to find that Tony loves them too. That said, he has stuck with the one track that made them famous: 'joy & pain'. Hopefully he will be a bit more adventurous with volume 2.

There are one or two nuggets on the album: Round & round, Jaki Graham; The Rain; Oran 'Juice' Jones; Ordinary People, John Legend; Risin' to the top, Keni Burke; Juicy Fruit, M'tume, I could go on but that would involve just listing every track.

There is a lot of love out there for Tony from his enormous band of followers on Twitter and elsewhere. It's not surprising when he seems to know exactly what we all want to listen to. Bring on volume 2 please ASAP.
on 18 February 2014
The great thing with Amazon is you can preview the tracks of this album and listen to the excellent music there is here and so you can decide if you like the sounds of excellent Soul music because the selection on offer is Fantastic!
Reading through the song titles and the artists in this collection makes this an amazing purchase. I didn't hesitate in buying this and I'm not disappointed in anyway. Probably the best collection of soul music I have brought ever and its 58 tracks of great music and all for ten pounds.
on 31 October 2013
great listening to all the soul songs on the album , got my copy from amazon digital , downloads in minutes , well worth listening to for young or old
on 24 September 2017
Quality!!!
on 30 May 2014
This CD was given as a present but was really enjoyed by the recepient so Ive been told tg
on 13 August 2014
A bit disappointed , as quite a few songs were unknown to me. Was expecting more of well known songs. But saying that , enjoyed it overall .
on 27 December 2013
Arrived promptly but was Christmas present for someone so I don't know what its like but Im sure the recipient will be pleased!
on 13 December 2014
Great
on 17 April 2015
great present for a friend of a certain age
on 14 December 2013
this is actually a Christmas present for a family member but from the look of it I think you will like it