on 30 December 2013
I bought this mainly for editing video because I'm fed up with using free software. The software itself is very easy to use and gives great results - far better than anything I've used before. It did, however, crash at the end of install; this gave me cause for concern - but it's worked absolutely fine since. My only dislike is having to open an account with adobe; although it's not much of an issue.

I bought mine at a bargain price(below £50), so I was also concerned about it been OEM or for students(ordering abode software is confusing especially with the many different packages available.) So for anyone who is concerned, put your mind at rest: it's real deal.
on 2 January 2014
After using elements 9 for the past couple of years when 12 came out I looked at a couple of videos on you tube and purchased this new version, as amazon where doing a great deal on it and it seemed to good to miss out on a 50% discount there are enough updates and also some new stuff on 12 to make this worthwhile, am I disappointed no as it seems like a worthwhile upgrade anyone who is using any older version than 9 will see that its well worth the upgrade. John.
on 11 February 2014
I have uninstalled this and gone back to using version 11 as some of the best tools like magic extractor have been removed from Photoshop Elements & Smartsound is no longer supported in Premier Elements! I thought new versions were supposed to be better with more added not worse with features taken away!
on 31 December 2013
I got this at a discount price of £34.99 in November 13, and I have found it to be really great value for money. Looking around, the pack seems to go for around £70 - £100, so was well pleased. I am using it on Mac - installation was easy - photoshop and premier each have a separate activation code inside the box and both worked first time. Strangely, the programs don't run in full screen, which is the only real disappointment. Second minor niggle was that when I created a web DVD, the menu's didn't work properly. Other than that, you get very powerful video and photo editors. It also has an organiser for your files, but this is pretty much redundant if you use Aperture. Not quite sure what features are in CS6 - I know you basically get more options on most of the tools, but for home use and £900 less, you can't really go wrong with this package.
on 5 July 2014
Got this in the Black Friday deals last year. Still getting my head around some of the capabilities, but a truly useful set of software, and ideal for those that do not have the justification for more costly programs such as Lightroom or the full Photoshop.
on 29 December 2013
I have had Adobe Elements 8 for a number years so I thought it was about time I bought the latest version, i.e. Adobe Elements 12 also as a bonus it was also sold with Adobe Premier 12. There are a lot of improvements far too many to mention hear, but I am delighted with it. So once again I have to thank Amazon for not only supplying a first class product at a competitive price, but also getting the goods to me in record time.

Regards

Len Young
on 9 November 2013
I bought this item thinking that this was a complete package deal.I did not realize that I would have to pay another £100 for photo elements.Nothing was stated on the box regarding paying extra money all a bit of a con really.
1010 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2014
For the Macintosh version, Adobe have finally provided native 64bit versions of both applications which is great news. I believe that PC users still have a wait on their hands.

The only real irritation is that, in spite of having purchased boxed, physical software with a serial number, Adobe insists on the invasive necessity to create an online Adobe ID before allowing you to install your bought and paid for software on your own hardware.

When attempting to log in using my existing ID, I was informed that I would need to reset my password via an e-mail that took hours to arrive. This comes as a consequence of the huge data breach Adobe experienced last year.

Short version, it took hours to install software because the company demands data that it has been demonstrated to be unable to protect!

Interface is more than a bit crowded on a non-retina 13" MBP
on 29 December 2013
So far so good. I've been using Elements 8 for 3 years and found it to be very good. Not used this version much just yet but it seems to be better laid out. With Premiere this is the first time I've used it so still a good deal to learn. With the price on Amazon for just 1 day it was too good to miss!
on 29 April 2014
I bought this software to replace Photoshop Elements 6, which means that there have been six upgraded versions in between. Basically it does pretty much the same as Elements 6, though the presentation of the tools is a bit more wizzy.