on 6 June 2017
Amazing voice
on 2 August 2014
This man has a wonderful voice and I certainly couldn't hope to have half his talent however I personally was very disappointed. I am to blame, I saw the advert on tv, didn't listen to the samples and expected up beat smooth jazzy sounds. What I got was a wonderful voice singing mostly boring nonsensical lyrics to forgettable songs. I liked one song, thought one or two of the others were OK and the rest were just not for me. That'll teach me!
on 16 December 2016
Incredible voice, great music, excellent album.

Porter's vocals are stunning. Great depth and clarity plus an exceptional talent for putting real feeling into a song's words. All this makes for an album that is a real joy to listen to anytime, anywhere. It puts a smile on my face every time I listen to it.

I really can't find anything more to say than that, listen to it and you'll see what I mean (hopefully :-) )
on 12 December 2013
Gregory Porter's voice is unique and all the tracks are beautifully sung with emotion that make me feel so happy. Highly recommended, also the price of the album is very good
on 3 March 2014
I keep re playing this album. I adore his voice and lyrics. I play it when walking the dogs on a rainy day, I play it when working on the farm, I play it whilst staring out into the garden, it lifts my soul and sends me into another place.
My favourite is Wind Song, a beautiful lilting song that flows and eddies with little uplifting flurries.
on 5 May 2014
This is a fabulous, soulful, jazz experience.

Having heard the single 'Hey Laura' I thought I would check out Gregory Porter in a bit more detail and maybe buy the single. I listened to the clips on Amazon and bought the album immediately.

Often with a new album I skip through the tracks to get a feel for it and then go back to the those I really like - sometimes never listening again to the tracks I initially dismissed. Liquid Spirit had me hooked from the start - TO ALL OF THE TRACKS! OF course there are those I like more than others but the album is a brilliant mix of jazz styles and Gregory's velvet voice carries off anything.
on 16 October 2013
Loved the CD and found it very mellow and relaxing. He writes and sings from his heart and the lyrics are amazing He has a fantastic voice. Would love to see him at a jazz club.
on 27 October 2013
How much better can Gregory get ? When does he become a major crossover artist ? Would love to hear GP do some Donny Hathaway covers etc. More please soon.
on 29 June 2014
When this album works it really works, but a couple of the later tracks just start to meander a little. There are plenty of standout songs to justify the low price I paid for this, with the first six being particularly good, amongst the best start to an album I have heard.. This version has some extra tracks, with a stripped down version of Water under Bridges which is excellent. The two interpretations of this song are my favourite's, together with Hey Laura. No Love Dying, Free and Movin'. Buy it.
on 19 September 2014
Anyone familiar with the songs Liquid Spirit or Hey Laura will instantly love this album. His voice has so much depth and emotion it's by far the best album I've bought in a long time. I haven't checked out the digital booklet yet as I've been too busy listening to the album itself. A great album for chilling out, be it on a cycle to work or just sat in the garden with a glass of wine in your hand. Bliss. Enjoy!