TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 December 2014
For me, 'Abandoned Cities' is a real dark and mysterious masterpiece: achingly lovely emotive melodies of loss and emptiness which reflect the title superbly. This is music you want to hold close to you, and reassure it that all will be well in the end. The only other score which I feel captures that sense of desolation as well, was Ry Cooder's 'Paris, Texas'; but that was a much more stripped-down, spare sound; here it is a richer, deeper, warmer, yet still desolate, black magic. Do you enjoy exploring abandoned places? If you do, let Harold Budd take you down some dark alleyways...
on 21 February 2014
I've been a fan of ambient music for many years now especially Brian Eno. I'm now starting to extend into Harald Budd's back catalogue and this is a great piece of vinyl. I find it relaxing but it drives my wife up the wall! As I said, not for everyone...