TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 December 2017
I love Keri Arthur and have all her books. I was excited to read this as a new lead character was introduced and although I enjoyed it I did find it a little harder to get in to than usual. Also I found it distracting and annoying when reading due to the huge amount of spelling issues and incorrect non sensical wording. I would suggest the proof reader should be looking for a new job. That being said, once I got past these niggling issues I did enjoy it and connected with Harri well. If you are a fan of Keri Arthur then I would imagine you will love this but not quite up to her usual standard.
on 10 September 2013
I seriously expected to give this book five stars and before reading it was wondering how on earth I could possibly do the book justice with such a low rating. From the first few paragraphs I was filled with nervous anticipation of the upcoming events but something just didn't feel right and I just kept thinking this isn't Keri.

I was expecting a few typos due to the self publishing and had already forgiven them in advance. I wasn't expecting to be so distracted by outside influences that I had trouble understanding what was actually happening. This book just didn't keep me absorbed like I've come to expect from such an amazing author. The main character seemed a little lacklustre and I had little sympathy for her plight. Unfortunately most of the other characters didn't make thing's any better. Maybe I'm just so used the likes of Riley and Risa and their special abilities that nobody else can compare but I don't think that is the case.

I so love everything else from this author that I want to give this book a free pass and rate it five stars anyway but I hate being dishonest too much. I am still planning to buy every future Keri Arthur book but I just hope the prices for this series stay suitably low. I will not however review the next in this series unless there is considerable improvement. I would happily pay more than is currently charged for other series but unfortunately I would prefer to spend my money elsewhere if the Harri books were more expensive and it really pains me to say that. Sorry Keri.
on 14 December 2013
I was thrilled to find this book by Keri Arthur, I had no idea that it was out so when I seen it, being an avid fan, I dived onto Amazon to buy it immediately.

In this PI book, we meet all sorts of paranormal beings and Harriet, a PI, is part Elvin and Siren... she is asked to investigate the disappearance of a Siren and then turns up all sorts of information that points fingers in every direction...

A good book, if this is going to be a new series, a great starting point and I have to say I love Hari and the Ogres (her friends)... she is a great character and is part of a very promising series... I'm thrilled to have read yet another of Ms Arthur's books!
on 29 May 2017
I never get bored of this author's books and she never fails to delight me, looking forward to the next book with Harris Phillecky. I was enthralled from start to finish, what else can I say? Brilliant, just brilliant.
on 28 July 2014
This is a new Keri Arthur for me, I have most of her other books and wondered if this would be as good as the others - I am pleased to say - yes it is as good as all the others - thoroughly enjoyed it - looking forward to the next book in the series
on 24 December 2013
I really like Keri Arthur and this is another series I'm not going to miss. You need to concentrate to keep up with who's who and what is happening. A brilliant start but where is it going to go....
on 15 July 2016
Seriously?! Story was really good and so was the few romance scenes but it needed more and was a terrible romance ending. Forgivable if there was a book two but there isn't!
on 18 January 2015
If you like Keris' other books, you'll love this! Attention to detail, action, suspense and an excellent storyline. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
on 8 September 2015
A great real with a crazy bunch of paranormals and a mystery to solve! Hope there will be a book 2!
on 3 November 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and having previously read other books by this author I was not disappointed. The new characters were interesting and I am intrigued by Harriets past, I look forward to the next instalment.